Sign in to follow this  
MadHatterGraphix

Issues I never bring up need support..

I have an issue that I regularly don't talk about it has nothing to do with financial needs etc. However its about my health I'm 38 years old and well lets just say I'm a big guy and not in height. I realize my health is really not the best and If I don't do something I'm going to not be here talking to the people I call family and friends. My biggest kryptonite is Soda oh how I love it, I drink a lot during the day and at night. I use it as a comfort food with all that has gone one. However I'm going to start lowering the intake of the carbonated delight as of March 26. I'm hoping you ladies and Gents will help support me mentally on this. I will however warn you when Hatter don't have caffeine Hatter gets mean lol. All jokes aside I need this and need the mental support. Thank you for reading and appreciate all you fine people. 

I feel ya. I need to drop a hunnerd myself.

The thing I've noticed about sodas is after 2 days I get a terrific headache. After I fight it off, it's another week or so and I don't even realize how long it's been without one. I've done it a couple times for several months, but somehow get back to drinking them. It really is mind over matter.... if you don't mind, it don't matter. Just hard to not mind. LOL 

• Like 1

You can do it man! I wouldn't go cold turkey though... slowly limit your intake over time and maybe switch to something like tea or something similar without all the sugar. At 21 years old my pancreas quit producing insulin making me an instant type 1 diabetic. No more regular sodas and such for me. Its hard but if I can do it, you can too man. Hang in there, and when you fall down get back up and continue on! Goonies never say die. 

I had a stroke at 41. My right side was paralyzed for awhile. I could not write or even sign my own name. Lots of hard work and therapy and I am mostly back to normal....maybe 95%. The point is you don't have to be old to get really sick. Do what you have to do you might not get a second chance like I did.

• Like 3

you can do it - I started weening myself off the dew with some high flavor lower calorie stuff first like the dr pepper 10 cal - then supplemented some crystal light.   final thing is I had lap band surgery and it won't let you drink much soda as it gets caught below the band and brings everything back up,   I recommend the first two stages though lol -  any one that says lap band is easy way out never went thru it

You can do it.. I weigh 265 lbs and im 6ft tall. I went to doctor for physical and the told me the my triclycerides were up so i needed to change my diet. Well i started eating good with salads and etc. Then i cut my carbohydrates down and lost 25 lbs with no excercise. I quit drinking soda all together and i have not had fried chicken in almost 2 years. I did slip and gain my weight back from eating cookies and stuff. But never picked up a soda again. If you want to do it you can. Talk with your doctor and find out things that will help you out

Martin I know you can do it. I know that I had a problem with drinking to many sodas when working and not taking time to eat properly.  I have to stay away from caffeine

since got my first pace maker at 39. If you need moral support give me a call.

5'9" 250 lbs. damn we're all fat bastards lol. Mine is from sitting behind this desk too much after years of physically demanding jobs. I still eat the same but now I don't do enough to burn it off.

• Like 2

As far as health I have no clue. Haven't seen a regular doc in nearly 20 years.

• Like 1

As far as health I have no clue. Haven't seen a regular doc in nearly 20 years.

don't worry they haven't changed other than the price has gone up about 10 fold in 20 years

• Like 2

I too am a slave to the sweet syrupy goodness. Last year I quit drinking soda for a month, then fell off the wagon. Like Eazy said, nasty headache about day 2 or 3, then the caffeine monster leaves you alone. Try making the switch to caffeine free, or buy both caffeinated and caffeine free. Good luck to you!

• Like 1

Give Diet Orange Crush a try- no calories or caffeine and no aftertaste. Good luck!

And if that don't work, it can be mixed with whipped cream flavored russian adult beverage........

• Like 2

I too am a slave to the sweet syrupy goodness. Last year I quit drinking soda for a month, then fell off the wagon. Like Eazy said, nasty headache about day 2 or 3, then the caffeine monster leaves you alone. Try making the switch to caffeine free, or buy both caffeinated and caffeine free. Good luck to you!

The older you get, the harder it is to lose that weight...

so, now is the best time to be working on it.

Them pounds keep sneaking up on me too!

You CAN do it....and you will feel better too.

So, give up the soda and move over to coffee for the caffeine fix

Actually, some of the latest researchers are finding caffeinated

coffee is actually good for you!

Personally, I never got into sodas....but my downfall is Brandy!

:wacko:

Hate to give up that glass at the end of the day...but it does

make a difference...empty calories.

AND, the WHITE STUFF....an older customer once told me:

"Honey, don't eat any of that white stuff....it just adds pounds."

She was referring to pasta, potatoes, ice cream, white breads ,

white rice...etc.  All them yummy sides!

We're all with you...

Sue2

The older you get, the harder it is to lose that weight...

so, now is the best time to be working on it.

Them pounds keep sneaking up on me too!

You CAN do it....and you will feel better too.

So, give up the soda and move over to coffee for the caffeine fix

Actually, some of the latest researchers are finding caffeinated

coffee is actually good for you!

Personally, I never got into sodas....but my downfall is Brandy!

:wacko:

Hate to give up that glass at the end of the day...but it does

make a difference...empty calories.

AND, the WHITE STUFF....an older customer once told me:

"Honey, don't eat any of that white stuff....it just adds pounds."

She was referring to pasta, potatoes, ice cream, white breads ,

white rice...etc.  All them yummy sides!

We're all with you...

Sue2

I'd rather die than go without my carbs. That'd be worse than going to prison for me.

I'd rather die than go without my carbs. That'd be worse than going to prison for me.

I gotta have my breakfast roll every day,  Long john, cinnamon frie,  whatever,,, something donut type,  LOL    Have for years....Gotta, gotta,,,

Good luck  and exercise.

• Like 1

You can do it 'hatter, we are all pulling for you.

Cal

My name is Paperman and I am an addict.  I am addicted to Dr Pepper.  I used to drink several a day but as I have gotten older (and a bit heavier) I realize it is a problem.  I have cut back to about 1 a day on average but will probably never give it up totally.  I know it is no good for me but I love it so.  I will continue my 1 a day and maybe just make my walks a little longer to offset the calories.

That'd be worse than going to prison for me.
. You will never know until you have been there. Personally not much as bad as prison, even if you work there

In today's prison they have taken away real milk, juice, coffee, condiments, most meals you know of and in michigan they have had a problem with maggots in the food along with the private company covering up cake that was partially chewed by rats . . . Recovered with frosting to disguise it. Think about it this way 1800+ convicts allow 25 officers to run the joint until they deem it unfair. Do you think we are getting there yet? There are no guns, locked doors (open dorm) even the outside doors can't be locked in case of fire. Does it sound like somewhere you want to sit and make rounds with 160 prisoners in your unit if they feel it is not humane conditions ? Now add in the fact we have closed abot 99 percent of the mental facilities and guess where those people end up. Yup midnights alone is fun.

• Like 2

In today's prison they have taken away real milk, juice, coffee, condiments, most meals you know of and in michigan they have had a problem with maggots in the food along with the private company covering up cake that was partially chewed by rats . . . Recovered with frosting to disguise it. Think about it this way 1800+ convicts allow 25 officers to run the joint until they deem it unfair. Do you think we are getting there yet? There are no guns, locked doors (open dorm) even the outside doors can't be locked in case of fire. Does it sound like somewhere you want to sit and make rounds with 160 prisoners in your unit if they feel it is not humane conditions ? Now add in the fact we have closed abot 99 percent of the mental facilities and guess where those people end up. Yup midnights alone is fun.

You forgot to mention that the prison walls are just painted cardboard. Cheaper to build that way.

• Like 1

I want to thank those who are behind me. Now I'm not going to give completely up on the stuff just need to reduce the intake by a couple of cans, liter. 2 liters. coca cola trucks. I don't eat a lot of sweets accept for the holidays that have them such as Christmas, some valentines day (I'm single so someone has to bring me something), and of course Easter. Other than that I eat very little sweets. And I love how this topic got off of what it was started as.

Just my opinion, so take it for what it's worth. Nothing.

Check the ingredients of what ever you want to switch to.
Cut out High Fructose corn syrup, anything with aspertane and stuff like that.
From what I've been told by a nutritionist our body processed them differently than real (cane or beet) sugar.