danelectro

My FIRST Sign job...Completed!!!

Hi Guys,

Well thanks to all the help and knowledge on this forum, I have just finished doing my first paid sign job!!!!

I didn't realise just how much hard work can go into something that appears to be very simple!!!  But I guess as time goes on, I will get more efficient at the whole process.  I know it's not the most complicated design in the world, but getting the sizes and proportions right took me a little time!!

Here's a couple of photos :-)  I didn't do the reflective stripes, just all the lettering!

DSC_4853.jpg

DSC_4857.jpg

DSC_4855.jpg

This one was quite a challenge for me, it's over 60 inches long and 7 inches high.....can be a handful when trying to register the two colours!!!

DSC_4854.jpg

• Like 2

Looks great except somebody put the steering wheel on the wrong side.

• Like 2

Thought you guys would of come around to our way of driving by now. 

Thought you guys would of come around to our way of driving by now. 

Believe me Jay, I'd be happy not only driving your way, but living it too!!  It's not much fun across this side of the pond!

I think it looks real good!! Way to go!

Thank you my friend, I appreciate it :-)

Looks great - Jay - it is just mirrored, he really remembered to put the vinyl on the front the other way so you can read it in the rear view

post-2742-0-24705900-1384279115_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Thank you guys......I will tell you something that's bugging me......on the RECOVERY it looks like the left hand side has dropped a little, like the left hand side is not straight.....anyone else seen that? :huh: it's strange because the measurements are exactly right......either way it's on now and ain't coming off!!!

Loving the LHD look Dakota!!!!  Yeah that would work for the rear view mirror look!!!!!!

And yes Sli&dice,that was the microgramma, not quite the same as I wanted,the middle "bar" of the R's and E are a little low looking, but it works and the custimer is happy....AND paid!!! lol

• Like 1

You did a great job on that especially if it was your first. I like to do my shadows the way you did the with the outline of the main letter still showing through. It helps keep it easy to read from a distance. The first time I did my own vehicle I just did a black layer under the other with some offset but if you got more than 15 feet away it started to get distracting to read. 

• Like 1

Looks good, are those shadows easy to make? I need to learn how its done in the program.

Jesse, they're easy when you know how!!  I had real problems trying to work it out at the weekend, then I came here and my question was answered just like that!!  It does depend what graphic software you're using, I only know Coreldraw, there is a thread about it on this forum. in simple terms you add text, copy/paste, move the bottom layer to create the shadow, then outline, seperate, then trim the outline from the shadow, delete the outline and voila you have the shadow with offset.  I practicsed several times over and now it's second nature!!  Sure I'll forget at some point though!! lol

You did a great job on that especially if it was your first. I like to do my shadows the way you did the with the outline of the main letter still showing through. It helps keep it easy to read from a distance. The first time I did my own vehicle I just did a black layer under the other with some offset but if you got more than 15 feet away it started to get distracting to read. 

yeah it makes for a nice clean job IMO, I did a few samples with just two layers, but I didn't like the fact you could see the outline of the bottoms letters, this way makes it really nice and flat when you get up close.

Great Work!!!!

Thanks Seejay :-)