I've been working with a local golf cart dealer to come up with an eagle emblem for the side of his golf carts. He wants them about 4-5" cut out of reflective vinyl

I sent him a few ideas and he really seemed to like this one.   

post-69458-0-00010700-1382055220_thumb.j

I was gearing up to get ready to cut them, when I talked to him again and he said one of his employees didn't think it even looked like an eagle and could I come up with something better.

I've been looking around a ton.  Even for paid ones.  But everything I see just seems too detailed for the size he wants.  Some of them would be great if he was looking for an 8-10" decal.  

I'm at a lose of what to do.   I'd like to get his business but I don't know how......  

Do I tell him I can't do it?

Has anyone seen a better eagle head?

How big a rush are you in? I may have 1 at the store that'll work but it won't be until morning

How big a rush are you in? I may have 1 at the store that'll work but it won't be until morning

No rush considering I'm not even sure what to do.....

When you say too detailed just to give an idea what to look for what kind of cutter and/or size are you capable of? I know some things don't play well with certain machines so if i know where to start I probably have something floating around

I'm using an MH-871.  I know it's no graphtec but I have to make money to be able to upgrade. 

To me, something like this would be too detailed for such a small size.

A few more inches and it would look great because you'd be able to see the detail but at 4" I'm not sure.

post-69458-0-44422000-1382058337_thumb.p

that would be close at 4" even  with a Graphtec. Wasn't trying to pick on you just get an idea of what designs might work. I'll dig around in the morning and see what I've got.

Some people have cutter envy or inferiority as the case may be. I've owned 6 cutters in about every quality level so I have an idea of what yours can do. We all start somewhere and it's taken me almost 6 years to get to that higher level, it doesn't happen overnight.

• Like 1

His employee is an idiot. That is a fine example of an eagle.

Agreed

I too agree that looks like an eagle.

Cut him one and let him throw it on a golf cart. Maybe theyll change their mind? Sounds like it might be a good customer, one freebie wont kill you. 

• Like 1

yea its a good one,

at 4 -5 inch's, you aren't gonna get much detail into that small of a space. 

a 4 inch square, ya dont have hardly any vinyl to work with. Tell him to like it or leave it lol. 

that would look good on a Golf Cart. 

Thank you everyone for your help.   

I sat down with the own and had alittle talk.  I told him basically what we discussed here and now we're back with the original Eagle.   He's definitely a difficult person to work with.  

I'm just hoping something comes out of all this.   I'm tired of constantly spending money.  I need to start making some money soon.  

Again...... Thanks

• Like 1

You also said you will be making these with reflective. Doing something with any detail at 4 or 5 inches will be an impossible nightmare. I work with mostly engineer grade reflective and I have worked a little with 3M's printable wrapping reflective that seems to cut better cut it tends to stretch and rip very easy. Maybe some one who has used a lot of reflective can help you chose an easy weed application.

I have cut extremely detailed designs at very small sizes with oracal reflective. I can't remember if it was 5500 or 5300 though. With a properly set up 60' blade it cut like butter and weeded flawlessly.

So small detailed images is harder due to the vinyl and not the cutter?

can be both. If you look at the thread we posted for our Graphtecs for Bossman,, who is using a SC cutter,  you can see differences in a pro cutter and a value cutter.   We showed that comparasion,   As well as experience of the operator, is also a factor.

This thread. 

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/42357-lease-vs-purchase/

• Like 2