Sign in to follow this  
101LEDs

Saw some new things surfing the USC site

Those are screenshots of VinylMaster....

attachicon.gifTitanTree.png

wow they said at the bottom

"cause Titan one and two just didn't cut it"

seems like there calling the 1 & 2 junk lol.

The fact that there are no drivers with RazorCut for their 'legacy' (i.e. - MH, SC, LPII) cutters is disappointing.

Really, how hard could it be to figure out a way to include RedSail or Liyu drivers?

errr... that's just me clowning around with their ad, djque.

lol

Sounds like a good reason to buy VinylMaster over the RazorCut.

It does include those drivers.

(Not to mention, price....oh, I just did.)

Sounds like a good reason to buy VinylMaster over the RazorCut.

It does include those drivers.

(Not to mention, price....oh, I just did.)

If I recall right 600 plus drivers

Damn near the same price as a Graphtec now. Like that it's got ARMS but I think the price point may be a tad too close to a ce6000-60

• Like 1

Damn near the same price as a Graphtec now. Like that it's got ARMS but I think the price point may be a tad too close to a ce6000-60

I can guarantee it- at the same price as a titan 2 they could clean up like the old days of the p-cuts and refines when they took the industry by storm.  IMHO it is pretty presumptuous to think for $50 less you will make a big wave in the pond competing against one of the leaders in the industry with national support on their side (graphtec - no matter where you buy it) and parts available down the road.  Now I do have to say the titan is a very solid cutter and works great but did the lessons of the zencuts not sink in? direct sales I am sure will be good - those that study and shop around won't be as easily persuaded for $50.  even when it is discounted on ebay and amazon for another 100-150 - don't think it will be the run away success like the cutters that built the company. 

Does it seem strange to anyone else that they keep changing it? So fast? It doesn't breed confidence in me to buy one. Just saying. 

Vacuum hold down? Why wasn't that standard in the first model? The copam had that! It should be a no brainer.

I bet it's a solid machine but I'm sitting on a dead cutter and at that price point I'd just jump to graphtec. Scott is right if they could move the price point down a little they would sell a lot more of them.

Does it seem strange to anyone else that they keep changing it? So fast? It doesn't breed confidence in me to buy one. Just saying. 

Vacuum hold down? Why wasn't that standard in the first model? The copam had that! It should be a no brainer.

They are not replacing each other.  Each Titan 1,2,3 targets a different group in different priced ranges. 

• Like 1

They are not replacing each other.  Each Titan 1,2,3 targets a different group in different priced ranges. 

I dont know how much difference there is between the Saga machines and Titan but Saga is a whole lot cheaper I have not compared the specs but will bet the major difference is one is blue the other is grey.

• Like 1

If that's true they aren't doing a good job explaining it. 1,2,3 tells me they are newer versions. If they are different models then call one the pro or Titan extreme.

• Like 1

I would say they are great machines Banner John and Dakotagrafx both did great reviews on them but 1500.00 even with a better

Software is a high price point and unless you are printing or plan to buy a printer in the near future is the arms worth the higher price.

• Like 2

I think they are building off the success and lessons learned from the zencuts . . .  :wacko: 

those that do not study history are bound to repeat it.   they find good machines but try to price them with the proven leaders and fall flat on their face in the long run.   I guess the philosophy is that making several hundred more on a few cutters is better than making less on each of thousands sold.  the company became very successful  because of selling cutters that were the cheapest in their categories in huge volume.  somewhere that got lost.

I think they are building off the success and lessons learned from the zencuts . . .  :wacko: 

those that do not study history are bound to repeat it.   they find good machines but try to price them with the proven leaders and fall flat on their face in the long run.   I guess the philosophy is that making several hundred more on a few cutters is better than making less on each of thousands sold.  the company became very successful  because of selling cutters that were the cheapest in their categories in huge volume.  somewhere that got lost.

I think you are dead center on target. I was first enticed into buying because there were cutters for just a couple hundred bucks. I ended up talking myself into a few models up the ladder but wouldn't have considered it at all if it weren't for the bargain prices that caught my attention. I wouldn't even spend within a few hundred of a "Name Brand" like Graphtec for an off brand product. I'm not saying they aren't fine products and all that but they have no history. It's tough to break into a market like that. Either you go way cheaper so people buy for the savings which worked well for them or you build a better mousetrap so you can either sell same price as the big boys but offer something they don't (Pretty tall order considering the years of experience those big boys have) 

Now if that thing was a wide format eco-solvent print and cut machine for $2500 that could actually do a fair to middling job on the prints and had decent support for ink and printheads etc.....Aaaaahhhhh Yeeeaaahhhh!

• Like 1

I'm still looking for someone to buy the Chinese large format printer rey run on ebay for 5k. Love to read a review on that. If they really want to make some money a cheap printer would be the next evolutionary step

If they really want to make some money a cheap printer would be the next evolutionary step

So true....they could sell a ton of cheap print/cut machines.

But they have stuck their toe into the 3D market....

I wonder if that will work.

Sue2

The fact that there are no drivers with RazorCut for their 'legacy' (i.e. - MH, SC, LPII) cutters is disappointing.

Really, how hard could it be to figure out a way to include RedSail or Liyu drivers?

RazorCut is a version of DragonCut..   made only for SAGA cutters!

LOVE the software!  works very well!

RazorCut is a version of DragonCut.. made only for SAGA cutters!

LOVE the software! works very well!

No it is a version of vinyl master that has hundreds of drivers..... dragon cut is for saga cutters I dont know if the two are from the same software company.....yep it is Future sotware