BCOJdecals

A little something I whipped up...

Rarely do I show my work on here as I'd rather admire someone else's...thought this piece came out pretty nice, though.  It's your

typical vinyl on framed glass.

A dear friend of mine is separating from the Air Force and the usual shop "gift" is an etched beer mug.  Personally, I think that's

pretty lame considering not everyone drinks beer.  So I decided to make this for her from me.

To explain it, I am a Weapons troop.  We load bombs on airplanes and our mascot is any style reaper --- because we bring death from above...this was a really sharp reaper design that I purchased...and was a beeyotch to weed (lots of thin cuts).  Next to the reaper is a butterfly (favorite insect in her favorite color), and on the far left are the two places she's been stationed (South Dakota and Okinawa).

The glass is 11 3/4 by 36 inches.  Anyway, something like this is always a good idea for a gift in case some of you newbies hadn't seen or heard of this before.

.post-25773-0-78201200-1388661030_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thats really awesome !

Thanks!  I appreciate that...it's simple, too...just a little time consuming from design to application.

• Like 1

Very Nice.. Reaper is awesome. 

:huh: Did you frame or is the vinyl on the glass with a white backer ?

David

• Like 1

Nice work Jason, don't be shy about posting up some more!

Cal

• Like 1

Very Nice.. Reaper is awesome. 

:huh: Did you frame or is the vinyl on the glass with a white backer ?

David

I purchased the frame at Hobby Lobby ($20 on their 50% off sale, which happens often) and applied the vinyl to the front of the glass.  The white backing is actually a fitted piece of matte white vinyl (still attached to the backing).

• Like 1