JessXEmoji

Buying the SC Cutter next week, got questions.

I'm going to be buying the 24" SC cutter next week as my first cutter. I'd like to know what would be the best choice of vinyl to get? Im going to be doing auto and home. Also where is the best place to get my supply of vinyl and what size should I get it in? Thanks!

You mentioned SC.... I thought you were gonna have some real SC questions.  I was hoping to help out as I too have that very same machine.  I will add this tho.... If you are going to be hooking it up via USB, make sure to get the trip light USB to serial adapter!  

• Like 1

If you are doing automotive and graphics for walls, I highly suggest the 34" cutter.

By the way, the length of vinyl on those rolls is only 15-feet and you'll burn through it quickly.

I've had my SC cutter for about two weeks now and I have done a few shirts with it. It seems to be pretty simple to run . I've used the pen over and over just trying to get use to it.

You mentioned SC.... I thought you were gonna have some real SC questions.  I was hoping to help out as I too have that very same machine.  I will add this tho.... If you are going to be hooking it up via USB, make sure to get the trip light USB to serial adapter!  

I have had my SC cutter for over a year and have had very good luck with it.  I have only recently started wanting something better.  I recently did 50 - 15"x 22" signs for the local middle school with it and it ran great.  I started having issues with corners lifting on the letters and some inconsistent cut depths.  I started thinking since I was so busy and finally making some money, why not step up to the Graphtecs I have been hearing so much about.  But now I'm hesitant and think my cutting issues may have just been the backing stripping need to be changed. It has grooves from one end to the other.

Xpaperman, do you have issues with wavy lines when cutting diagonal lines on your SC?  Like when I cut a diamond shape or large W's I can see a slight waviness in the slanted lines.

Yes, I have that issue.  Sometimes it is worse than others.  I don't see it all the time but now and again it shows up.  I do recall a thread on that issue awhile back that someone else with the same machine had the same problem.  I don't think anyone ever came up with a solution tho.

Yes, I have that issue.  Sometimes it is worse than others.  I don't see it all the time but now and again it shows up.  I do recall a thread on that issue awhile back that someone else with the same machine had the same problem.  I don't think anyone ever came up with a solution tho.

I don't remember where it is on the forum, but I think it was slice&dice (might have been someone else too) that posted about the carriage belt. It helped to get rid of on my SC

You mentioned SC.... I thought youit? were gonna have some real SC questions.  I was hoping to help out as I too have that very same machine.  I will add this tho.... If you are going to be hooking it up via USB, make sure to get the trip light USB to serial adapter!  

where can I get the trip light and what is it for? And what type of decals are you making with It? Is it working well for you. I dont want to spend the money on something that wont work well for auto and home vinyl decals.

where can I get the trip light and what is it for? And what type of decals are you making with It? Is it working well for you. I dont want to spend the money on something that wont work well for auto and home vinyl decals.

You can purchase the Keyspan adapter on EBAY, UScutter,  as well as other places do a search.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Tripp-Lite-USA-19HS-Keyspan-High-Speed-USB-to-Serial-Adapter-/160804080791?pt=US_USB_Cables_Hubs_Adapters&hash=item2570ab8c97

I have the 24": Sc cutter as well and it runs great for auto decals and other stuff.. never used my pen.. I run it on a regular usb connection and it seems to run great. i also run it on an older computer with the serial cable.. For the money i feel you cannot go wrong as a first machine.. The only thing i do not like is it is noisy sometimes.... but other than that i love it...

• Like 1

Thanks joker! How small of decals can you go? Ive made some car window desings thats about 6" x 6" with graphics and letters. Will i be able to cut them?

I have a 34" SC here is an example of how small you can cut clean

20130114_150810_zpsb8f4d86d.jpg

• Like 3

Thats small enough imo. I noticed the 34" sc cutter is only 30 bucks more. I thinking about just getting it. Can you run 24" vinyl in the 34" cutter?

Jesse i a 6x6 decal will cut just fine..   i bought the 24 cause i felt like a 34 was an overkill for me

Hey  guys I bought my cutter today but noticed in the email that I entered the wrong address!

Uscutter doesnt operate on the weekend and the office is closed. Does anyone know if they ship on the weekend because I sent them a ticket aksing them to change the address.  I hope it doesnt ship before Monday because theres no way to contact them!

Im mad at myself.

Depends on when you placed the order today. I think the new cutoff is 5 est. but I'm not positive on that.

Hey  guys I bought my cutter today but noticed in the email that I entered the wrong address!

Uscutter doesnt operate on the weekend and the office is closed. Does anyone know if they ship on the weekend because I sent them a ticket aksing them to change the address.  I hope it doesnt ship before Monday because theres no way to contact them!

Im mad at myself.

You should really call,  it could be shipped before they ever read the tickets.