I have been getting hammered with people wanting me to have a web site so they can go and look around and order..... I have been looking around at Go Danica....... I mean Go Daddy.

Anyone here have a web page?  Anyone use Go Daninca.... dagnabit.... Go Daddy?  Any thoughts or input on Go.... Daddy?

As always, thanks in advance for info, help and replies!

I dont like go daddy. They have a lot of rules. 

I use bluehost for all of my websites. 

I also suggest making sure that whoever you use for hosting has the ability to auto install scripts. I use opencart for all of my ecommerce stuff and it works really well. 

• Like 1

I am not real savy on the web site stuff.  That is one reason I was looking at Go Daddy.... well, that and Danica.....  It appears that Go Daddy is kind of a all in one place.  The sell the name, they host they have site builder and the price didn't seem to bad but I have not really looked elsewhere.  

I hope more folks chime in with more info, so far, 2 responses and already good info.  Thanks

• Like 1

If your not that web savy then I don't recommend a host like Go Daddy. Some do offer features like opencart but will still require a decent amount of time and work to get what you want working properly. I have been using wix.com for a while and like it. There are a few things I would like more control over but at the end of the day my site looks profesional and I Never have to mess with it. They have different pricing depending on if you need a shopping cart on your site, I don't have one.

I registered a domain through GoDaddy a while back and left them as soon as my 1 year was up.  They have a bad habit of calling you at random times from a different phone # each time and they don't identify who they are when you answer and want to make sure you're happy with their service and want to know if there is anything more they can do for you, oh and did you know that your domain is set to expire in only 51 more weeks and would you like to renew now for a discounted price?

After I went through the process of moving away from them I got another call (from yet another number) just checking to make sure that's what I really wanted to do.   Then 2 weeks later a follow up call asking if they couldn't convince me to come back.   I flat out told them, I won't come back because I don't like getting unnecessary phone calls, I don't like callers who don't immediately identify themselves (i.e., hello, this is <X> from GoDaddy - vs. Hi, how are you doing today?) and I don't like being hassled that the 52 week subscription I signed up for will expire in only 51 short weeks...

I build mine through 3dcart. It requires a little work but has a lot options for setting up a store and drop down menus for colors, size, etc. and the ability to upcharge for these options. I'm not tech savy at all but I read the help sections when needed and figured it out pretty quick. They aren't a free hosting site but you get what you pay for plus your homepage won't be covered with ads for competing businesses like I see on many other sites.

ok, so Go Daddy is out!  Will keep wix and fat cow on the possible list.  Will also give 3d cart a look.  Glad I asked here.... if on my own would have simply gone to go daddy.

There are enough people on here that we've probably tried everybody that's out there.

I use GoDaddy. Hosting/managing about 30 sites currently with them with everything from large corporate eCommerce to small personal pages for quite a few years. Never had 1 problem. I really can not find a worthwhile reason not to use them. I have not tried anywhere else cause there has never been a need to go looking. 

We have been with Godaddy for years on multiple sites for domain and hosting...never an issue or phone calls

Just curious, does this forum prevent you from having a link to your web site in your signature?

I don't have a web site either, and as I read these responses it would be good if there was a link provided, without further searching, to see y'alls sites.

Thanks,

Cal

• Like 2

I haven't got anything hosted with Go Daddy but I did use them to get a couple domain names.  I'm not sure I want to deal with them again because of all the calls at all different times and different numbers.  I signed up at Wix but haven't had much time to play with it yet but planning on using them to host or at least give them a shot. 

What Calls? I have been using them nonstop since 1999 and around 2003 I probably had over 500 sites listed with them. . Only time they have ever called me is when a credit card expires. Maybe you need to make sure to uncheck all the "Please contact me regarding.........." and never list the best way to contact you is by phone otherwise your telling them to call you.  

• Like 1

I have been using Go Danica for 2 years now and am happy ( no phone calls ever ) . I started my website with Vista , but Chuck ( Ash Computers ) set me up where it only costs me around $30 a year combined . Reading this thread , i am going to check out the other sites . I would like an easier software to edit . I am using DreamWeaver now and never got up to speed editing after a problem that stumped me . I don't have much patience

The question about website links in the signature ... seems to me there was a problem years ago and that was not allowed after the problem ( LONG story ) . It is allowed in your profile to the best of my knowledge and many members post it there .

Thanks Rodger,

Now if I ever get a web site I won't violate anything by putting it in my sig.  If I ever get a sig...

Cal

Wix is free to make a site and it is hosted with a www.wix.com/yourwebsitename address. Once you pay for the premium site they include a domain name registration and some other goodies. I had purchased a domain name through google before finding wix so I missed out on the free domain. I am a special kind of opsessor so is took me longer then it should have to make my site but really with Wix you could have one put together in 45 minutes or so.

I went with godaddy, then after the first month i let them go, and went with hostgator. I love it, never had a problem, customer service is fast and very good.  and i like cpanel. I hate godaddys panel. and yes they have ALOT of rules to obide by. 

my domain is still hosted with them but since i havent had no downtime I will keep it there for a while... but will always keep my webhosting with hostgator. very good price plus i have ssl for a few bucks extra a month. keeps the customers just that much more happy when ordering online. even tho right now Im only using paypal, but will be getting another gateway for payments when the online is better. doesnt pay right now to pay that much more a month for a Credit card gateway if its not being used alot yet.

paypal express is nice tho, atleast they dont have to sign up for paypal that way.

Good Luck

I am still curious as to what rules GoDaddy would have that would cause you to transfer from them? What could you be doing that is against their rules that others allow?

yeah Im lost on that too. We have never had any issues with godaddy. And we have been in a few different industries