OWJones

Autism Ribbon - Cut, Weeded & Layered

Overall it wasn't a particularly difficult item to assemble - except I got 3/4 of the way through layering and realized that I hadn't loaded and cut the yellow vinyl pieces yet... DOH!

Once I got that done, it went together fairly smoothly.  I left enough of a gap between the pieces that there is a bit of wiggle room and used two well-spaced registration marks to line it all up.

I made three - two of which were requested by the customer (she wasn't specific, just asked me to please make something for Autism Awareness related after seeing all of the Breast Cancer Awareness stuff I had done earlier in the month) and so I have one more to put up at my retail point of sale.

I think printing will definitely be the way to go in the future for a design like this as there won't be much of a per hour wage to be made if I still expect to be able to sell these at a reasonable price - Not including design time, I think the cutting and assembling time worked out to 105 minutes, so 35 minutes per decal... that included 3 short breaks to resolve dog issues (the issue being that they weren't on the side of the door they wanted to be on) so it was probably less "real work" time, but still enough that I'll never get rich making these...

post-24492-0-41322800-1368670921_thumb.j

• Like 1

I never thought about making ribbons for stock until you said that. Think I'll make a few of the more popular in their appropriate colors to see what happens. The more they see, the more I sell. Big ones for us right now are breast cancer, autism and Alzheimer's. Thanks for the idea.

Jay

Those look great but I think I'll get some printed and save the time. Oh Dakota look for a pm tomorrow. :rolleyes:

Wow, As I'm certainly still learning the ropes, I'm Impressed OW, When I seen what you were going to attempt to do with the layering last night and your finished Product, I say WOW and Great Work!!

Awesome!! I have a son with Autism and other issues so this is right up my alley.