Sign in to follow this  
Dakotagrafx

seriously my mail carrier ran today - roads are closed per govenor

I'm not going to tell you guys but it's 83 degrees down here right now. Stay warm!!! :rolleyes:  :rolleyes: 

:blink:  its 4 degrees here... but no snow at least  ;D

Hey, All joking aside. All of you forum members up in the cold areas BE SAFE!!! Those cold temperatures are very dangerous.

• Like 3

Yup had my AC on in the Sport Trac Told you not to run back so quick Scott

post-2057-0-37628800-1389056025_thumb.jp

No snow here, thank goodness, but boy is it cold.  Yesterday it was in the mid 50's, and I was closing the crawl space vents on the house and wrapping the hose bibs.  Today was mid 30's and the wind just howling all day.  Supposed to get to 13* tonight with 25 mph winds...

Scott, I PM'd you a couple messages from the other site today - not sure if they are going through or not...

Cal

• Like 1

-14 just now when I went out to the mailbox - fingeres froze in the 2 minutes outside.  gloves are in order from now on LOL

wind chill around -30 right now

I remember my mail lady when I lived in Michigan. She drove one of those little cube looking things with the 12" or so tires. She would slide all over the place but she always delivered the mail. My last winter there was 2000 and was another bad year. Woke up 1 morning to look out my window and my car was completely under snow. Had to go our garage to dig to front door cause almost 3' on my porch and couldnt open door to let dogs out. I moved to GA that next year.

Was 15 down here and got colder I think as the day went on. But still no snow. Supposed to be in the 50's by friday again. They closed schools and all government offices on sunday for monday and tuesday lol. Went to dr appointment yesterday and saw 1 patch of ice and that was it and everything is closed lol. That cold and snow is something i surely dont miss up there

• Like 1

Was reading Anchorage was warmer than Michiana yesterday. With the Artic Blast expected to reach central Florida this afternoon, suspect I'll not be as envious as I may have been Monday.

You hit it Dakota about the lack of snowfall the past couple of years. I was so confident it was more the norm than exception, that I mistaken left the snowblower with the ex last winter.

I like how most of the southerners are keeping quiet. We're all at the beach! 

Funny thing about Florida. I was there in about 1988 or 89 when it actually skiffed a light snowfall in the St. Augustine area and killed half the orange crop. I'm from out here in Idaho where we expect several feet on the level at least in the high country but I don't know if I've been colder than when it was about 25* with 90% humidity. It felt worse than -20 below does here. 

just looked- last night I actually turned on the garage heater -  5 burner wall unit but only using 3 burners because wife put freezer too close to it - it hasn't even melted the snow off the snow blower sitting 7 ft from it . .  . dang.   supposed to hit about 15 maybe tomorrow and I have to drive 50 miles for an MRI (dr there likes his hospitals better than ours locally)

It was -19 below zero here last night right now it is 0 actually doesn't feel that cold. But my wife says my thermostat is broken. I was  out in a t shirt shoveling off the deck.

• Like 1

It was -19 below zero here last night right now it is 0 actually doesn't feel that cold. But my wife says my thermostat is broken. I was  out in a t shirt shoveling off the deck.

You sound like me I was cleaning the driveway in my shorts an my wife kept bitching at me about going to get frostbite I told her hell I have on a jacket and it has warmed up........to negative 1 LOL

• Like 1

im in the south and it was -9 with windchill here in GA today

im in the south and it was -9 with windchill here in GA today

I lived in Orlando a couple winters back in the 60s and people would think I was crazy the way I was dressed they would be cold but I thought it was comfortable.

9 years in SC and the last 2 nights are the coldest I can remember. Everybody hibernated yesterday so I stayed closed and posted on FB that we would be closed Tuesday due to global warming. Having flashbacks of upstate NY but at least it'll be in the upper 60's this weekend. Maybe my pipes will thaw by then.

I am sure some of your customers appreciated your sense of humor.

I had a couple people stop in today and they saw my post. It made them smile especially this far south. Close to 70 by Sunday so I guess I can get back to work :)

Before you know it summer will be here and I'll be doing my happy dance.

flooding next - in a few days the weather is supposed to go into the upper 30's and even the lower 40's one day - mud here we come.    this is still not right.

you know it - the water would sink in that sand quickly!  with our clay it is going to get nasty .. . .ier

• Like 1

Yes,  high  30's and 40's here also,  Plus heavy rains Friday..   I feel for the southern states now.., along the rivers and creeks.. getting all this mess from up north. 

• Like 1