Sign in to follow this  
OWJones

Who else is getting Confederate Flag requests?

I got asked last night if I could make an actual flag with the Confederate flag image on it, and today someone asked if I could print color decals, as they also want a Confederate flag decal...

Apparently most places don't sell anything with that design any more, and the few places that do are either sold out, or have jacked their prices up high to take advantage of people...

I've got someone who wants 4"x6" (approximate) Confederate flag decal if anyone wants to quote me for one decal... I don't blame you if you aren't interested in such a small order...

Jones why not order a little more that way you have some on hand. I was thinking of getting like 10 to 20 pieces printed up, my friends want to start selling them.

I was a little paniced with over 20 ft pre printed when ebay said they would take it down in 3 days - then took them down in under an hour.  but in reality most past customers have contacted me thru email or facebook and what was an unselleable (i thought) lot of vinyl I am getting ready to print more - they just took themselves out of the loop

• Like 4

jump on the bandwagon and take advantage of it while you can.

• Like 5

I have a feeling we will get cut out once the resupply makes it from China but I have a strong feeling you will see more flags flying down here than there was during the first war.

• Like 3

I have a feeling we will get cut out once the resupply makes it from China but I have a strong feeling you will see more flags flying down here than there was during the first war.

I am sure the out houses will be covered with them

• Like 2

I am sure the out houses will be covered with them

My family fought for the Union and as far back as I can go personally (grandparents) they all felt the federal gov't needed to be limited and stay out of state business. That's no longer the case and given the choice they may have reconsidered the team they were fighting for.

i managed to sell 2 on ETSY  before they removed the posts  due to "hate" design    I asked for a list of designs that are banned and have not ( nor do I expect ) heard anything back 

but  its 2 sales and every sale is a possible new customer...

David C

I'm sure these 3 wasn't about hate. man daisy ol daisy. this how I remember that flag. I wonder if the kid would of used the american flag what would of happen.

post-42519-0-31279400-1437103282_thumb.j

• Like 2

I'm sure these 3 wasn't about hate. man daisy ol daisy. this how I remember that flag. I wonder if the kid would of used the american flag what would of happen.

I loved that show.  They really were just some good ol' boys (and what red blooded man didn't love daisy).  

Living out in the west you just don't see as much hate and discontent at every street corner. I realize there are groups that use that flag for hateful purposes but there are always going to be things like that and I think it gets blown out of proportion. (there ARE some arian nation people up a few hours north of here but most regular folk consider them crazy and steer a wide path around them).  We have a lot of hispanics in our area and there are some who are undoubtably racist toward them too. I really don't care what color your skin is people, and I recognize that we ARE different at least in a cultural sense, similar to how men and women are different. Doesn't make us unequal to be different. There are good and bad folks of every race and the bad usually give the rest of them a taint in someone else's eyes and it is ALWAYS an unfair assessment. If someone wants to fly that flag I say let 'em do it and who cares. At least those who are worried that flag fliers are some sort of idiot racist crazy person will have some warning to watch out for them right?

General Lee's own words on that flag: "Fold it up and put it away."

• Like 2

We have been doing the States with the rebel flag in the state and we have sold a few hundred and we are layering each color 

General Lee's own words on that flag: "Fold it up and put it away."

Lee was a General, not the President.

Lee was a General, not the President.

popcorn.gif

no way I'm entering this pissin match

popcorn.gif

no way I'm entering this pissin match

Come on always room for one more opinion.

I've been asked to do some flags for truck hoods and roofs...and I will lol. The flag is not and will never be illegal to produce...flying it is a choice many southerners are making but that's becoming a new target of minority racism. Lots of violence and theft going on to people that show pride in what they believe. Funny how those creating the issue are the same ones fighting for equality and re-establishing their own segregation because they don't agree. Give 'em an inch, they take a mile. Only thing I agree with is NOT breaking the law and cold hard cash from my customers  ;D

With that said I won't produce anything that inflicts racism or supports racist groups in any way shape or form, but I won't censor my work in the same respect.  

• Like 4

Minority racism? Segregation? I do not think these words mean what you think they mean. They're free to fly the flag all they want. Everyone else is free to let their opinions be known about it too. We are going through a period where people are deciding that since we don't all agree on it, we don't need it in our public spaces like courthouses and capitols. The flaggers can cry about it all they want but that's all that's going to happen. Try as I might, I can't see them as the victims here. The swastika was traditionally a good luck symbol until the Nazis ruined it, but nobody's flying swastikas off the back of their truck and saying "Oh woe is me, what's wrong with these Jewish people for being offended by my good luck symbol!!!"

The Amazon and Ebay stuff is just corporations deciding that the next time someone kills people while trying to start a race war, they don't want to go back through their twitter feed and see the shooter recommending their site as a good place to get rebel flags. I don't blame them one bit. I don't make retail decals and, even if I did, the odds of selling to the next Dylan Storm Roof are small. But the odds of selling to a gun-toting redneck who wants to be all up in everyone's face about his flag are close to 100% right now.

• Like 2