Sign in to follow this  
busterbay

67 Cuda with Custom Stripe

Concept by customer I made it come to fruition. 

Still in the process of restoration yes the 456 is correct varooooommmm

post-64078-0-95327200-1413156274_thumb.j

post-64078-0-15817400-1413156278_thumb.j

post-64078-0-60690800-1413156281_thumb.j

• Like 1

Nice but shouldn't there be two R's in Barracuda?

Yes, that's what I told them but the customer is always right.

When enough people point out the mistake to them...you will be wrong. Hope you covered yourself with the paperwork. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Don't get me started.... cuz that just ain't so.

Don't get me started.... cuz that just ain't so.

In my line of work. The customer is always right when I am wrong or there is grey area. If I am right, it is impossible for them to be right as well. :)

• Like 1

If they're paying they're right. I point out issues but if the say do it this way I do it that way. Got mortgage payments to make so passing jobs isn't an option. Other than that it looks great

• Like 1

If they're paying they're right. I point out issues but if the say do it this way I do it that way. Got mortgage payments to make so passing jobs isn't an option. Other than that it looks great

We did a Yenko Nova clone a few months back they insisted it was Yank-O....the money is green. 

• Like 2

dig it.....now do you design the whole thing from scratch? or is there a stripe that you started with and added your ba"r"acuda and 456 to it? Because, even though im not a mopar guy, it looks like it fits....like it was supposed to be there.

dig it.....now do you design the whole thing from scratch? or is there a stripe that you started with and added your ba"r"acuda and 456 to it? Because, even though im not a mopar guy, it looks like it fits....like it was supposed to be there.

From scratch, the owner sketched it out on the car with tape then I designed it in Corel.

Nice. I agree, it looks like it was supposed to be there originally (minus the spelling lol). When you do something like that (especially around gas cap) how do you trial and error it without a lot of wasted money? Or was it just nailed the first time without any question? I ask because Im working on something for a hood and have a spot with similar issues I have to work around and dont want to waste a bunch of material.

Nice. I agree, it looks like it was supposed to be there originally (minus the spelling lol). When you do something like that (especially around gas cap) how do you trial and error it without a lot of wasted money? Or was it just nailed the first time without any question? I ask because Im working on something for a hood and have a spot with similar issues I have to work around and dont want to waste a bunch of material.

Nailed it first time..  I took a photo of the car so I knew relative dimensions, I dropped it into Corel then I made a rough line drawing of the car to draw the decal.

As for the gas cap just find the center point and add in your border then measure from a fixed point to center the hole.

After you draw it you just trim / remove unwanted lines. Same concept used to draw in cad programs, see attached example. 

Untitled-2.svg

• Like 1

Looks great mopar had the hemi motors in the 60s those cars were bad ass( they dominated nascar for a few years) but back then muscle cars were the norm not the exception I had a 66 ford ltd that came from the factory with a 390 cubic inch - 375 horse power motor my wife hated it because I was still young then and made use of all 375 horses lol

• Like 2

lol Im old and my GTO still has 400hp...Wife hates it cause I still drive like Im young. Stashing away for a supercharged rebuild >:D

• Like 1

I love the old notchback Barracuda.

Nice job on the decal work,

Cal

• Like 1

I love the old notchback Barracuda.

Nice job on the decal work,

Cal

When I was a kid a guy down the road had one ('69 I think) for sale for almost a year price - $800. Dad never did let me buy it.... I think it had something to do with it having a 6 pack. Boy was it clean, typical 60's dark green.

His exact words :"At $1.19 a gallon you will never be able to afford the gas..."

lol Im old and my GTO still has 400hp...Wife hates it cause I still drive like Im young. Stashing away for a supercharged rebuild >:D

Nice........

I've started my business for one thing........  Earn money for car parts. I don't need to do this because my day job more then pays my bills.   

I bought the car........ 2007 300 SRT8   425hp

Now I'm saving for the supercharger........ 600hp

Rough guess is 6 months.  

Damn engagment ring has slowed my pace alittle.  LOL

If she's not careful the supercharger will come before the ring.   HEHE

• Like 1