Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

Bad day at the office

A picture say a lot and this is my qe60+ in pieces 20140901_120621_zpsvdilmhqd.jpg

I made a mistake that many graphtec owners make every day but the stars aligned just right and messed my day up. I cut a project off the roll and didn't hit the origin button so it backed up to far which caused the material to bunch up behind the head. Now this is not a big deal or even the first time I've made the same stupid mistake but this time it bent the proximity switch on the head which reads how wide the vinyl is and caused it to jam the head when it tried to poll the size so surgery was necessary. It's fixed but let this be a warning to everybody to respect the machine and follow the steps every time because 1 mistake could be your last.

• Like 4

whew that's a heart breaker just looking at that pic.

I should say nearly fixed cause it's working but I can hear it catching everytime it goes over the sensor. Gonna have to go back in but I'm gonna wait for my stress level to go down first

• Like 2

Backup computer fried last week. Went to turn it on and a red light came on and it started beeping at me. Thinking it may be time to go back to pencil and paper

Labor Day = Day of Labor.  Got to much money going out with the new building to close unless absolutely necessary but you can overnight me a nice thick grilled steak  ;D

• Like 2

Backup computer fried last week. Went to turn it on and a red light came on and it started beeping at me. Thinking it may be time to go back to pencil and paper

beep code should tell you the problem. Could be just a memory stick gone bad.

beep as soon as I hit the power button can be memory? Was thinking didn't even have time to cycle on but I'll pull it and reinstall 1 at a time just to see. Computers are not my strong point.

Pulled all the ram and it still does it. Doesn't even come on to enter bios. I think it's dead.

Pulled all the ram and it still does it. Doesn't even come on to enter bios. I think it's dead.

could be dust build up.

if 1 beep its - video card

if 2 to 3 beeps - RAM

if it beeps continuously - it the processor

REMEDY / SOLUTION :

1. (VIDEO CARD)- remove the video card clean it up... you can use eraser...make sure to remove the dust/lint .....

2. (RAM)- If the problem is the ram ... its the same.. remove the ram clean it..the same as you clean the video card...but if you put back the ram to the slot...make it sure to lock it up and tighten up..just monitor it that its not loosen...

3. (PROCESSOR) - remove the processor ... clean the white one i mean the paste

(thermal paste) then if you don't have that paste try to ask the hardware im sure they have one and grab it... don't leave the processor if it is not attach in the slot make sure to have that paste first it has time limit in exposing the processor it may cause a problem if the processor wont put back int the slot.. <the main solution is change the thermal paste then lock it up tightly.. the most important thing is just...lock it up so tight..>

that all...

this is only my suggestions ....

i hope it helps....

you would be amazed at what a dusty and smoky environment does to cpu's if uncovered. condensed air can and blow it out.

Continuous beep. Paste is dielectric grease?

no it's thermal paste.   It helps transfer heat.  Go to any electronic place and they will have little tubes of silver paste.  

dang Jaybird, i almost cried for you. !!! And look at the knowledge that flows on this board. You guys are awesome. !!!!!-You Guys- yes, i am a southerner. 

Computer and sledgehammer = stress reliever  ;D

paranoia and being there have crated those back up computers hasn't it.  I have my main design computer, when that was created the old design computer became the printer computer (backup design computer) old printer computer became home theatre computer so the printer computer has a back up . . .  . then there is the dublicate clone of the old printer computer just cause (may get rid of that some day but not sure yet) - really need to tag them though as one of the printer computers is also the cutter computer back up and not sure which one right now :blink:   I know skeeter keeps back up computers too - if you do this for a job it is a must

• Like 1

2 is 1 and 1 is none. Words to live by in this business. New PC will NOT be windows 8 I can promise you that.

• Like 1