Sign in to follow this  
joker

Finished Coroplast

Yesterday i posted up for some advice on applying to coroplast. Got some great feedback and some very helpful tips. Well today i went the wet application route and when i peeled the app tape back i did not see one stinkin air bubble.. I was happier than a kid on christmas morning. So here is the 3rd one i did that turned out great

post-35399-0-29490900-1394757348_thumb.j

• Like 5

yea, i have done wet on glass and it is awesome the difference it makes. 

There are a lot of die-hard people who claim that wet installs are for noobs or sissies, but I've found that it almost completely eliminates that apprehension you feel right before you commit your work to a substrate. You spent all that time designing it, cutting it, weeding it, taping it and then in 2 seconds due to a sneeze, swift breeze, muscle twitch, static attraction, etc., all your work is wasted by a big bubble, wrinkle or off-angle installation...

Using an app fluid eliminates 99.9999% of that and let's you fix so much before it's permanent.

I love working on the computer because it's so easy to hit Ctrl-Z and Undo your last action, but when it comes to working in physical reality, you lose that functionality - app fluid and wet installs restore some of that flexibility and control.

There are two craft vendors set up at the new city market who are selling cut vinyl designs installed on glass. One is doing uplifting quotes in picture frames, the other is decorating old window panes. The lady doing the window panes is obviously not very skilled and/or familiar with wet installs because so many of her items are crooked with misaligned letters, rows of text that aren't parallel, etc... I really need to get pictures of her work to show how "not to install vinyl", just don't want people thinking that I'm trying to steal her designs...

• Like 2

I use wet a lot but when doing dozens of roadside signs it just takes too long so I go dry on them but on signs and vehicle graphics I choose wet install too.

• Like 1

I use wet a lot but when doing dozens of roadside signs it just takes too long so I go dry on them but on signs and vehicle graphics I choose wet install too.

I do signs with mostly letters especially small letters dry but layers and large lettering even I do wet just so much easier to adjust and get bubble free.

• Like 1

I wonder if one of the computer repair anti static mat under the Coro would eliminate the static and bubbles doing dry??

• Like 1

I wonder if one of the computer repair anti static mat under the Coro would eliminate the static and bubbles doing dry??

I bet it would help a lot.

Probably wouldn't hurt to buy two - one to stand/sit on so you're body isn't building up a static charge, too...

Ive done saying on old windows and I like to reverse cut them and apply to the back of the glass that way you can clean the glass and not have to rub across the decal.

I have been using a window blind faux wood slat wrapped in felt and have been using that as a squeegie for applying vinyl to coroplast. I have found I get very few air bubbles. But if I use a small squeegie- I tend to get some. So lately, I haven't been using that. It does worry me if I should have been "burnishing them".

I find the felt wrapped slat has been great and i get it all in one shot.