3barefoot

Boat Name.. Can't figure 1 part out...

I have a guy who wants to name his boat "4 Day Break" (he's a fireman, here in NC they get 4 days off in a row) At the end of the K in BREAK he wants a fire hose coming off the K... BUT he wants it to curl and go back under the rest of name and have water spraying out the nozzle (not a problem with the water) I can't find a fire hose I can turn to do it with. Here is the one I found and he seems to like it.

post-75189-0-24637400-1394158180_thumb.j

I'm thinking in terms of a "tail" like a sports team name would have ----

mSE5teZlOCoQnyJEg-CqreQ.jpg

Did you notice that the fire hose is just a couple squiggly lines? Just make one yourself ;) 

It might be easier if you draw it on paper a few times and then either take a picture of it or scan it then trace your hose. Make a few designs, 3 tops and Im sure hell pick one of them. I think we tend to be much pickier then the customer. They usually think the designs are great or it will get him really close. 

I cant for the life of me finalize the design for my boat name but Im sure Id be able to sell it to someone in a heartbeat. Its just not good enough for me...

I'm thinking in terms of a "tail" like a sports team name would have ----

mSE5teZlOCoQnyJEg-CqreQ.jpg

Yes... Like a tail.. Coming off the bottom of the K and turning back.

Did you notice that the fire hose is just a couple squiggly lines? Just make one yourself ;)

It might be easier if you draw it on paper a few times and then either take a picture of it or scan it then trace your hose. Make a few designs, 3 tops and Im sure hell pick one of them. I think we tend to be much pickier then the customer. They usually think the designs are great or it will get him really close. 

I cant for the life of me finalize the design for my boat name but Im sure Id be able to sell it to someone in a heartbeat. Its just not good enough for me...

Wow.. This is why I LOVE you guys on here... I would have NEVER thought to draw it on paper and take a pic! My scanner is broke right now.. So I would have to draw one and take a pic and email it to myself... Then just cut the nozzle off and hope it matches.

Wow.. This is why I LOVE you guys on here... I would have NEVER thought to draw it on paper and take a pic! My scanner is broke right now.. So I would have to draw one and take a pic and email it to myself... Then just cut the nozzle off and hope it matches.

Or just bluetooth the picture to your computer if your computer has bluetooth. 

You dont have to hope it matches. Draw a few on paper and then take the picture and get it on your computer somehow. Then in your program just manually trace them. Once you do that you now have vector hose tails. They are scalable to infinity and just tweak it until they flow together.

I dont know if your comment was sarcasm or not, I havent had my coffee yet.   

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="skarekrow" data-cid="347142" data-time="1394215409"><p><br /><br />

Just a quickie, mind you...<br /><br /><br />

<a href='<a href='<a href='http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach%C2%A7ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=97228'>http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach%C2%A7ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=97228</a>'><a href='http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach%C2%A7ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=97228'>http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach§ion=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=97228</a></a>'>4DayBreak.png</a></p></blockquote><br /><br />

<br /><br />

I like this. With a different font of course. The firefighters running the hose is a nice touch.

Seems to be quite a few members here producing work for firefighters/departments. I think it's great! Much respect for those who risk their lives to save others!!! I would be honored

I know the poster's customer wants the hose comming off of the K but I thought I'd try something different.

post-24657-0-86982500-1394267138_thumb.j

• Like 3

Creativity 

I know the poster's customer wants the hose comming off of the K but I thought I'd try something different.

This spurs new ideas and is a vital part of what we do.

Just a quickie, mind you...

attachicon.gif4DayBreak.png

WOW! Now that is cute!!!

And so is yours!!

I know my line isn't clean at the K.. I was going to clean it up when I was weeding.

post-75189-0-41041700-1394319720_thumb.j

• Like 1

In your image 3barefoot just node edit those ares that are a little off.. Looks good though

Grabbed some guys outta the junk drawer, scribbled some

hats and boots on 'em & hooked them together with hose.

Just a Vision, Photoshop, and scads of reference images...

(the one guy was originally hangin' on to a huge dog!)

The font is "A dripping Marker"

The Fireman I had from a while back don't remember where I got it.

Grabbed some guys outta the junk drawer, scribbled some

hats and boots on 'em & hooked them together with hose.

Just a Vision, Photoshop, and scads of reference images...

(the one guy was originally hangin' on to a huge dog!)

You are too good!