arty-rc

Some of my work

I figured it was about time I showed some of my phone cases. I took these pictures at my flying field our the club website and for the pilots phones.

post-7680-0-84407200-1387930738_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Nice work on the cases Arty. I bought an Epson 1100 to try some of that work. Never opened it ,still sitting in the closet.

Bob

Nice work on the cases Arty. I bought an Epson 1100 to try some of that work. Never opened it ,still sitting in the closet.

Bob

Thanks. Once you start making them you'll be hooked.

Arty they came out great.   One thing that I would watch for try to keep all you cases consistent.  You have some plane facing right then some facing left.  I know you don't sell on line but if you start people will call you on that saying in the photo you showed the plane facing right but they received it facing left and they wanted it right,

If you hold the insert facing you with the camera opening to your top  left I feel that seems to be the bast for these cases...

examples

Arty they came out great.   One thing that I would watch for try to keep all you cases consistent.  You have some plane facing right then some facing left.  I know you don't sell on line but if you start people will call you on that saying in the photo you showed the plane facing right but they received it facing left and they wanted it right,

If you hold the insert facing you with the camera opening to your top  left I feel that seems to be the bast for these cases...

examples

post-2057-0-44784100-1387981234_thumb.jp

post-2057-0-90833700-1387981428_thumb.jp

post-2057-0-28242700-1387981659_thumb.jp

• Like 1

How much is a printer to do stuff like that cost??

You can get a brand new letter-size printer outfitted with a dye-sub CISS system for under $250 from Cobra Inks.  You can get larger printer, up to a Super B/Super A3 (AKA 13"x19" size) for around $450, also from Cobra Ink.

I just bought a used Epson Stylus Photo 1400 from someone locally - looking at Cobra's website now to see about setting it up with a UV dye based CISS system for printing standard photos (not dye-sub - already have an Epson 1100 for that)...  This will give me the ability to print on CD/DVDs as well...

Looks great. An area Ive been looking at getting into myself. Isnt there a lot of maintenance to these printers? or the lines dry up or something. Ive only read a little on the subject.

Looks great. An area Ive been looking at getting into myself. Isnt there a lot of maintenance to these printers? or the lines dry up or something. Ive only read a little on the subject.

Monkey go with the Ricoh and you won't have the trouble with clogs and dry lines - the gel ink is much better when the printer sets for a couple of months unused.

Ill look into that one. I dont need it for shirts or anything (have heat press and screen printing set up). Was lookign at stuff like this and mugs etc

the small ricoh would be ideal then Add some cactus wraps and you are off and running.   - using cactus wraps in the oven you can get full coverage handle to handle and top to bottom - in  a press the handle and bottom act as a heat sink and causes fading in those areas

+1 on the Ricoh although I still use a mug press. I just know to work within the limits of my equipment and stay out of the areas prone to fade.

• Like 1

I do a lot of full top to bottom and with the 6+ presses I had (2 knights) the bottoms always faded unless you heated to the point of losing detain in the other parts

This one has some glare in the picture but never could get that kind of coverage and detail with any press i have owned.   and with 5 in the oven and unwrapping 5 more/ rewrapping I can blast thur 100 pretty quickly

post-2742-0-00526100-1389376486_thumb.jp

I made a template to design in that keeps me off the top and bottom and approx. 1/2" for the handle on either side. I like the full coverage but 99% of the mugs I do are 1 off walkin customers and they get them done while they wait. The wraps are nice on larger orders for sure.