JJennings

NEW MEMBER FROM SOUTH CAROLINA NEEDS HELP !!!

HELLO AND I AM NEW WITH THE US CUTTER FOR VINYL.....  I HAVE PURCHASED THE  MASTER XY PRO SERIES 380P CUTTER... I AM HAVING PROBLEMS  GETTING THE SIGNGO SOFTWARE TO COMMUNICATE.. I HAVE THE SOFTWARE INSTALLED ON MY COMPUTER AND CAN WORK WITH IT, BUT WHEN I HIT THE CUT BUTTON,, NOTHING HAPPENS, AND I HAVE WENT OVER ALL THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR CONNECTING THE CUTTER TO COMPUTER......  MY QUESTION IS WOULD I BE ALOT BETTER OFF,, CHANGING AN DOWNLOADING THE  SIGNBLAZER SOFTWARE AND IF SO ,, HOW DO I KNOW WHICH CUTTER TO INSTALL.,,, :huh:?  ON THE PROGRAM I HAVE NOW IT IS LISTED AS THE   " DESAY 380P "  ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED..... AS I AM KINDA ON A DEADLINE ON GETTING THIS VINYL CUTTER WORKING FOR ME......  HOPE EVERYONE HAS A BLESSED DAY.... JUDY  // SOUTH CAROLINA

Welcome, Judy.

First order of business, unlock your caps.

Second, SignBlazer Elements can be downloaded HERE -- http://www.mystat.com/Signblazer.zip

Third, your Desay Master 380P is listed in the SBE cutter setup list.

Fourth, have a blessed week yourself, and let us know how things are going for you...

Thanks,  For your fast response... and the link for the SignBlazer Elements download....  Sorry about the Caps Lock being on,,,, I will continue to follow on this forum and keep you updated.... Look forward to reading all the post from all members and getting educated.....  Thanks Again in Advance.. Judy / SC

SORRY... One more Question.... Can the  SignBlazer Element  be downloaded on more than one computer,,, for instance if I wanted to download on my Desktop PC and my Laptop too..:huh:?  Thanks.. Judy

The info from Slice should get you cutting in no time. Oh and welcome also from South Carolina

• Like 1

Hello and welcome. You should be good to go from the info above. Signblazer is great software and very easy to learn and use .also you can download inkscape if you dont have design software inkscape.org. Good luck on your new venture.

Dan

• Like 1

Thanks,  For your fast response... and the link for the SignBlazer Elements download....  Sorry about the Caps Lock being on,,,, I will continue to follow on this forum and keep you updated.... Look forward to reading all the post from all members and getting educated.....  Thanks Again in Advance.. Judy / SC

SORRY... One more Question.... Can the  SignBlazer Element  be downloaded on more than one computer,,, for instance if I wanted to download on my Desktop PC and my Laptop too.. :huh:?  Thanks.. Judy

You are most welcome.

By the way, when unzipping that archived file, you'll notice two SBE installers. 

One is the regular v.6 which you'll go ahead and install first, and then do the same with the UK version.

Afterwards, apply the patch to eliminate the start-up "nag" screens (gets rid of the Trial and Registration reminders).

Since there isn't a Registration scheme anymore on this software (it's considered Abandonware at this point, since the developer/creator has unfortunately died) you can carry the installers around on a thumbnail drive and place the application onto whatever machines you wish. 

I've even given it to friends, they use it as a stand-alone graphic app to make advertising flyers and birthday cards.

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the Great Information and Welcome Notes... I will continue to follow this group...Judy / SC

There's nothing like the exhilaration and feeling of accomplishment when you get the first cut done successfully!!!

Seeing that machine whir to life and the carriage starts jumping back and forth is a real rush, we've all experienced it.

What do you intend to use the cutter for mainly?

• Like 2

Thanks Everyone for all the Help given to Me...  I now have my cutter going and doing GREAT  !!!!!  I couldn't have done it without the help from this great forum....  I am sure I will have lots more questions on the in and outs of the software..  Does anyone have any suggestions on the best place for me to search and read help information :huh:   Thanks Again and look forward to Continue following the forum for a long time.... Judy / South Carolina

Judy , if you read your own post ... you answer yourself . This forum is the best place to search and read help info . Tons of topics and years of experience . Anything that has to do with cutting vinyl has been covered .

Judy, Judy, Judy...   (in the accent of Cary Grant)

I have great suggestion for you, since you're in S.Carolina.

There is no law requiring a front license plate on vehicles in your state.

As such, you'll find a good market for creating custom plates.

(You never answered what your main focus of vinyl cutting is)

Hey stop it. There's not enough cars for the both of us. Actually if you attend local flea markets you'll find car tags to be very popular and quick profit.

Jay,,, I do not intend on selling at flea markets.... so dont worry there..... what part of South Carolina are you located ??  and Slice & Dice,,, I am not quiet sure where I am going to take the Hobby too... I actually bought the machine from a friend of mine , whose husband did the vinyl decals and he passed away in Sept .. last year...   Just learning the machine and practicing at this time... I actually LOVE this type of stuff though,,, My son is a Graphic Designer for a Sign Company in South Carolina....  Thanks and Hope to be with the forum members for a long time.....

No worries since I haven't been to a flea market in months. Store has been keeping me busy enough.

Your son is involved in the industry, so he can provide plenty of good suggestions as to what direction to take whereby you'll get people to come to you for their needs.

Remember, yard signs (bandit signs) are a huge part of this business (18x24 white coroplast affixed into the ground with wire stakes)

Also, even if you have no intention of doing the flea markets, there is still a huge market for those custom license plates, and you can advertise for free on craigslist, offering your computer-cut vinyl products locally.

Get yourself some business cards printed up at Staples (online) for $9.99 --- even though you may not consider this anyting more than a hobby, it's still worthwhile to be prepared when you talk to people about your hobby interest and they realize "Hey, maybe she can whip up a sign or decal for me!" and you'll have a card to hand to them.

• Like 1

And I hear everybody else complain about competition. I live in a state the size of a postage stamp with 1,000's of vinyl cutters. All I hear on a quiet night is the sound of cheap cutters whirring away in spare rooms across the state.

• Like 1

Jay you say you live in a state the size of a postage stamp. Most of the counties in your state a larger then the state I live in and I still hear a lot of cutters out here.

Bob in Dela-where

I moved here from upstate NY and by comparison this is actually a small postage stamp sized state. I used to think it was crickets chirping outside at night but now I know it's Cricut's.

• Like 1