Sign in to follow this  
busterbay

Ricoh Printer

What do you want to know other then it is a awesome printer with $325.00 ink in it...

• Like 1

I leave mine sitting for months at a time and it prints perfect every time I use it.

• Like 1

I leave mine sitting for months at a time and it prints perfect every time I use it.

I have heard that from Scott I use mine all day long and half the night at times...

• Like 2

i looked at that one but is the max size to print big enough ? 

• Maximum Media Size: 8.5" x 14”

I was looking to do something at 12 x 19

I have two print quality is goo, life of ink does not seem to bad. If i were to buy again I would buy it's bigger brother

Can you print on any vinyl or are you limited to the 8 x11 pre made media sheets ?

Also can you refill the cartridges ?

Can you print on any vinyl or are you limited to the 8 x11 pre made media sheets ?

Ricoh printers are for dye sublimation, not printing on vinyl.

Also can you refill the cartridges ?

Not as far as I know.

Ricoh printers are for dye sublimation, not printing on vinyl.

Not as far as I know.

Ahhhh got it that is a different animal.

So the media it prints on is it the carrier for the image inculding laminate or do you still need to laminate over top of it ?

So the media it prints on is it the carrier for the image inculding laminate or do you still need to laminate over top of it ?

Dye sublimation is for printing items with a special coating using a heat press and dye sub printer.  Items like phone cases, mugs, hardboard tiles, 100% polyester shirts.  The heat turns the ink into a gas and traps it into the polyester coating on the item.

You don't have to laminate or do any extra coating for items made with Dye Sublimation.

If you are looking for a printer that can print on vinyl it would be a Eco Solvent Printer.  Like a Roland VersaCamm, Mutoh ValueJet, etc.

There are also Thermo Resin printers like the Gerber Edge and whatever the one is that Sign Warehouse sales but they still cost thousands, and i think Thermo Resin type is best for spot colors instead of gradients or photographic style images.

The media it prints on is a special kind of inkjet paper that is then heat pressed onto a polyester substrate - the ink sublimates and transfers the image to the polyester.  No lamination.

Check the Sublimation sub-forum for more details.

How are these compared to the Epson ones with the Cobra CIS ink?

they can sit for a couple of months without the heads drying out . . . price - much more than the epson/cobra.  for me going to it 2 months later and knowing I can do a job without messing around - worth it for me

they can sit for a couple of months without the heads drying out . . . price - much more than the epson/cobra.  for me going to it 2 months later and knowing I can do a job without messing around - worth it for me

Very important point!

I have my Epson 1100 sitting here with CIS system

now needing manual flushing & cleaning....

no amount of auto/nozzle cleaning works.

PIA

How much is your time worth when the lines/print heads plug up?

Sue2

• Like 1

I have seen refillable cartridges for the ricoh but never tried them. There are products like Mates or multi cal that you can use with sublimation to make smaller decals but costs more per sf than a solvent printer