Dawn's Design

18x24 Tile Mural

If all we did was talk about vinyl it would get pretty boring. The mural looks good.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I get $285 per mural and do a lots of them. The pastor of this church has pastor friends all over the US and I get calls all the time about doing this.

Just to add sublimation is fine to add to the show your work area - USC also sells sublimation printers, ink and substrates!

• Like 1

Did you press that all at one time or did you do each tile seperately?

Pressed one at a time. Have to press 9 minutes each tile. Its pretty simple just make 12 squares 6.125" x 6.125" convert to curve, combine, power clip picture to template, and then brake apart curve. Done in CorelDraw x6.

Can Sublimation be done on any glossy ceramic tile? or do they have to be specially treated ones for sublimation.

The have to be specially coated. Sublimation ink is designed to bond with polyester and the coating gives the ink something to bite into.

The have to be specially coated. Sublimation ink is designed to bond with polyester and the coating gives the ink something to bite into.

This is right everything I do with sublimation has to be coated with polyester.

Looks Awesome!!   so... can you clear coat over the finished product?  or no need to??  Thanks!

I've never found the need to but I don't see why not since the process is heat activated I don't think clear coat would react to it.

Jay, the problem people have found it is very hard to get an even coat so the print comes out as spectacular as the pre done stuff - I have a kit I bought a while back with the clear and some white and even some shirt stuff I think I am considering listing.  I bought it to coat some black granite with the white then the poly as it would be spectacular, but never got around to it and am busy on the other stuff now

I was referring to clear coat on the finished product. I have tried the poly kits and lets just say I was less than satisfied with the results as well. Never layed down evenly and tended to get bubbles in it. I filed what I had left in the round cabinet by the workbench.