Sign in to follow this  
joker

Vinylmaster

Looking to up grade from signblazer program. Wanting to know if anyone is using the vinylmaster cut program. Also from what i seen is that the vinylmaster pro software is over is like 299.99 dollars. Is this correct or did i read it wrong.. Looking for feedback on both. Thank you

yes the better version does cost more than the simplified version much like flexi starter is much cheaper than the pro version of flexi at $1800.  you end up paying for more functions - I just upgraded my ve-lxi and the upgrade was $500 so value is in the eye of the user.  I thought $500 was a great deal as opposed to $1800

Do yourself a huge favor, and download the VinylMasterCUT program as a free trial.

One glance at the interface will tell you all you need to know about using it instead of SBE.

The first time I used it was delightful and caused me to feel like a professional.

That being said, I cannot get myself to walk away from SignBlazer so easily. It's like an old pair of soft comfortable shoes !!!

• Like 2

From what I can tell, Vm Cut is short on Essential Modules and Features for folks looking for Professional Grade Software. True, what's there should work well but a Comparison of Features shows it comes up short for my everyday needs.

http://www.vinylmasterxpt.com/vinylmaster-xpt-home/features-and-comparison-list/

Perhaps the Hobbyist or average Home Crafts person could be satisfied but,

Face it folks, Good Tools cost $'s.

Do yourself a bigger favor and download the free Pro Version Trial.

http://www.vinylmasterseries.com/en/downloads_vmp.html

• Like 2

First, will you be using it for everything...design, editing & cutting?

Or do you already use another graphic program to prepare your files?

If you are using another design program you just need to import and cut.

Basic VM should be fine for that.

VM Pro and above cover design and editingtoo. 

• Like 2

Thanks for the replies and the input.. Slice i do like signblazer. I do use inkscape for vectoring and all that and signblazer for designing but wanting something different.. Again thank you all

You really can't go wrong with the Pro version.   

I've been using it for over a year now and it's just easy to use.  

I kind of wish I would have went with the expert for the extra raster tools but that's only used if you're doing stuff with photos and sublimation.

• Like 3

I have the XPT version and really like it....It does have some stuff that I don't currently need but I may in the future.....In my opinion it is money will spent

I originally paid about $400 just for the dongle for SignCut Pro and it is just for cutting. (They are a little cheaper now but still limited to cutting) so the price for either of the Pro or Xpt are really reasonable for the power they have. I have been learning VM Expert and have been amazed at the features. They pretty much have all the cool options including block shadow which has always been my one pet peeve that AI doesn't do (easily). The cool part about having ALL the tools even if you don't need them right now is you will find you use the program for more non-cutter related things. I have done everything from family Christmas postcards to custom wedding announcements and even helped with some of my kids school presentations etc... so having a full blown graphics program is real handy. 

• Like 2

Thank for the replies Go-C, Wildgoose and Macon. Gonna make a decision in the next couple days... 

I have used flexi for years l like it my ver. Is 10.5. Upgrading to the cloud for 19.99 a month cheaper then buying out right