Sign in to follow this  
Kcross47601

Clean cut blades VS USCutter blades

I've always used the Roland type US Cutter blades offered on the site in both 45 and 60 degree with good results for a long time cutting 651 and etched vinyl with my MH series and Lazer Point 2.  Lately, I've been cutting Siser glitter vinyl which with a 60 degree blade, wears the blades quickly and causes the tight cut edges to lift, especially on smaller lettering.  I was wanting to try a different brand of blade to see if I can get better tool life or better quality cuts when cutting thicker material such as glitter.  Looking for opinions and feedback from others that use Clean Cut blades and maybe other brands.  Thanks guys and gals.  Kris

Cleancut here as well but glitter eats all blades faster than normal.

• Like 1

CleanCut blades. Hands down.  I use 60° CleanCut blades for everything.

Glitter HTV and reflective vinyls are tough on blades.   The Cricut brand glitter vinyls are extremely tough on blades - that is what finally snapped the tip off of my first CleanCut blade.

I've hsd real good luck with the Greenstar premium blades from USCutter. We've cut tons of glitter. I bought three, havent swapped out yet.

• Like 1

cleancut here - use it for about a year and put it in another holder that I use just for metalics and reflectives for the next year - like Jay said those films are hard on blades but you don't tend to cut as fine of detail for them and that is the reason I use the last year blade on them

I use this to cut everything including glitter, 99.99% of what i cut is glitter, however my supplier has quit carrying them so if you know where I can find one please let me know. I know I have already posted this before. Are these Greenstar blades available for Graphtec?

post-7618-0-05257200-1426523661_thumb.jp

I've hsd real good luck with the Greenstar premium blades from USCutter. We've cut tons of glitter. I bought three, havent swapped out yet.

there is a reason why the premium greenstar blades are so good but I can't say.

• Like 1

there is a reason why the premium greenstar blades are so good but I can't say.

post-24492-0-34079600-1426548615_thumb.j

You can tell me, I'm a doctor...

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BannerJohn" data-cid="388747" data-time="1426546648"><p>

there is a reason why the premium greenstar blades are so good but I can't say.</p></blockquote>

I heard once they're clean cut blades repackaged.

• Like 2

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="BannerJohn" data-cid="388747" data-time="1426546648"><p>

there is a reason why the premium greenstar blades are so good but I can't say.</p></blockquote>

I heard once they're clean cut blades repackaged.

I wouldn't think that exactly but I think you're on the right track just ever so slightly different product. Unlike the guys above me I'm not in the loop so I'm just making an educated guess.

Anyone have a link to these greenstar blades?  For a Graphtec?  I think I may have to try some   :)

EDIT:  And, after reading more carefully I see USCUTTER sells them...Whew, too early still..need more coffee

So, the Greenstar and cleancut blades are pretty much the same?  Bound to hold up better than the ones I'm using now.  I know that glitter by nature, will destroy blades.  Just looking for a cleaner cut and maybe a little better tool life.  Kris

A better idea is to get away from using HTV for shirts and start screening.  Doing a few shirts seems okay for HTV but a 50 shirt order takes forever with a front and back design.  Just when using regular HTV, not the glitter.  Was just a random statement.  KC

You can screen glitter. Just a random thought lol.

So, the Greenstar and cleancut blades are pretty much the same?  Bound to hold up better than the ones I'm using now.  I know that glitter by nature, will destroy blades.  Just looking for a cleaner cut and maybe a little better tool life.  Kris

just to clarify the greenstar premium will be similar the regular will be chinese

• Like 1

Last time i placed a order with uscutter i was gonna buy an extra set of blades but i ran into a problem , what blades do a Titan 2 use ? i see roland and different name brands but nothing for a titan

Just a guess because I don't have one but every non graphtec I've owned used roland compatible blades.

mmmmmm , cleancut blades, wouldn't use anything else. Don't cheap out on the crappy Chinese blades. If you cut regular vinyl and don't screw up your depth and force settings a ccb can honestly last for years.

thanks for the info , not sure what comes with the titan 2 ive been cutting on them for around 6 months , any time frame for changing them , kinda like a car oil change 3000 miles or 3 months lol , i know its hard to judge if you dont know how much has been cut id say by rolls of 24x10 ive went thru about 15 - 20 rolls

Whenever you a) noticed damage to the tip, B) start to notice you have to continually apply more force to get it to cut through c) cut quality degradation becomes apparent.

• Like 2