Sign in to follow this  
coreycss21

Best temperature and time setting for easy weed

Hi guys,

What did you find temperature and time works best for the easy weed on hoodies and t-shirts? I heard 370 at 10 seconds?

where did you hear that?  did you try the temps and times directed with the product?

That's way to hot. 305 for 12-15 seconds, medium pressure. Easy weed is pretty forgiving and can handle being done hotter but you will begin to see the adhesive push out along the edges especially with layered work. I sometimes apply up around 320 if I happen to be mixing layers with other brands that need to be hotter and haven't had any issues but I don't unless there is a good reason.

Oops, Dakota beat me to it. Oh well post anyway. 

• Like 1

I'm hotter than most on here at 330 for 15 seconds and like your friend I do this for a living and last year's out of thousands of shirts I had 1 letter fail on 1 shirt.

• Like 2

I press 305-310 medium pressure for 15 seconds then remove the carrier sheet and repress for another 10-15 seconds using a Teflon sheet.

• Like 1

16 seconds @ 320 degrees with with plenty of pressure. Look for the fabric imprint in the HTV.

• Like 3

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="skarekrow" data-cid="384900" data-time="1423451526"><p>

Look for the fabric imprint in the HTV.</p></blockquote>

That's the real key from my experience.

• Like 4

That's the only way I've ever felt safe letting it leave the shop.

Pickup an IR thermometer to ensure your press is actually working at the right temp. The digital display on the press is often inaccurate. You would be surprised how far they can be off, especially on the cheap presses.

• Like 4

Sal is spot on with an ir gun. I had somebody bring their press to my shop last month and it was 40 degrees off. This was a middle of the price range press but over time things can go out of range on any press. My old hotronix was 20 off when I checked his but the good thing is most presses have a way to adjust the display to match actual temp but if not just remember to add or subtract that much from what it reads.

• Like 1

I wish that IR thing worked on the Ol' Lady.... so you could tell HOW mad she was at times.....   :ph34r:

• Like 3

I wish that IR thing worked on the Ol' Lady.... so you could tell HOW mad she was at times.....   :ph34r:

oh knowing that isn't a problem with my fireball - figuring out the cool down procedure is the tough part

• Like 3

315 for 15, medium+ pressure.  Done a thousand of them that way.  As long as I can see the shirt texture through the vinyl.... it's good to go.

oh knowing that isn't a problem with my fireball - figuring out the cool down procedure is the tough part

You guys both sound like you wives similar to mine. I never minded a little spunk it keeps life interesting. 

• Like 3