Sign in to follow this  
Wim

Massachusetts n00b in the making

Ladies and Gents, 

Just showing up to your community.  I'll have a lot of questions initially I'm sure (SCAL 3 Pro and MH 871-MK2) but hopefully I'll be able to contribute back before terribly long.  I've got a zillion hobbies to include a Mazda 6 car club as well as woodworking and computer stuff. (stuff is a long list, so we'll call it stuff)  I've always wanted a vinyl cutter and will be doing a number of projects to include the basic car stickers as well as trying my hand at some glass acid etching and sandblasting.

I've made a few logos in Illustrator and successfully imported them into SCAL and cut them on the MH series.  I attached some of the basic ones I did (including a valuable lesson about where the cutter thinks the edge is compared to where I do).  I keep running into cutting errors with some of the designs I've done.  I can't tell if it's because the vinyl is slipping or if the cutter can't handle the data stream.  

I look forward to meeting and learning from you all.  Here we go!

~Wim

post-86437-0-54198400-1399259624_thumb.j

Welcome from Southwest Florida

Hello and Welcome.

Welcome from Idaho. Looks like you are already well on your way! 

Thanks for the welcomes guys!  I think I'm gonna like it here. :D

This is a good group of folks for sure. Everyone pretty much all get along well ere and the moderators do an good job of riding herd and reigning us in if we start getting out of hand. I am a member of several forums (of varying topics) and this one stands in it's own category for friendly, helpful advice. 

• Like 2

This is a good group of folks for sure. Everyone pretty much all get along well ere and the moderators do an good job of riding herd and reigning us in if we start getting out of hand. I am a member of several forums (of varying topics) and this one stands in it's own category for friendly, helpful advice. 

You're just sucking up. :D

• Like 1

Welcome from South Carolina, my Daughter lives in Everett Ma.

Very cool!  I've got friends in Somerville and Cambridge.  I used to work in Saugus several years ago.