gcextreme

My first flute sign..

I made this sign last week..just to try it out..and my stakes just arrived today..nice to see how it comes together.

20140426_094454_zps45bac700.jpg

Can u reuse these? Like remove the vinyl and reuse? Just wondering for future purposes.

• Like 3

nice one.  i have a customer that holds a multiple golf tournaments a year and they reuse the same signs. we just take off the sponsor's name and leave the words "hole sponsor" until the next names are ordered. "Goo Gone" is a lifesaver on the older ones that the residue sticks to. just be sure to clean with straight alcohol to remove the goo gone residue.

...and cleaning off the old vinyl for reuse is easier-slash-less costly than replacing it?

• Like 1

...and cleaning off the old vinyl for reuse is easier-slash-less costly than replacing it?

Would have to be a very simple design to clean up. I only reletter dates and only for the church events and little league stuff to help them out. Not cost effective most times from my experience.

• Like 2

Yeah... what he said. (I've reached my "Like This" quota for the day.)

Not worth the hassle to reuse in my opinion I belive the labor time would be more than a new blank they are so cheap.

Its sad when we live in this type of world where we just throw things away instead of reusing it.

I mean our vinyl businesses are so wastefull as it is, with the vinyl and backing paper not being recycleable and just probably ending up in a landfill for all eternity..

If i can reuse a flute sign and save it from being in a landfill forever..its well worth the little hassle.

Its sad when people are like its broken but its cheaper to throw it away than to fix it..

Sometimes doing the environmentally friendly thing isnt the most "economical" thing..

Well the customer doesnt need to know its used..

and u can always add a few bucks to the cost to cover your time removing the old vinyl..:)

Well the customer doesnt need to know its used.. and u can always add a few bucks to the cost to cover your time removing the old vinyl.. :)

Charging extra for second rate goods and deceptive marketing tactics....

Appreciate you going out of your way to make the world a better place. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

Dollars make sense....your time has to be worth something the time to remove vinyl then clean the adhesive off clean the coro again then install new vinyl. I am frugal and use something till it dies my tools, trucks,equipment and body is all old and past what most people would keep repairing and using I belive in a post you said you was 37 I have saws, routers, drills and so on older then that. My truck is right at 20 years old ,my full size van 25 years and the minivans 13 and 12 years old so I dont throw away untill it is unrepairable or completly used up. A buck fifty coro blank just does not fall in that position.

• Like 2

I am 30...and $1.50 blank is a $1.50, multiply that times how ever many you throw away...it adds up quick...

Sitting right next to me is a huge black trashbag full of vinyl backing paper and app tape and wasted vinyl, all which will probably end up at a landfill....if i can save a few plastic signs from ending up there, i will try.

Besides even if u do remove the vinyl off the signs, you don't have to resell to a customer, u can keep it for yourself for a display or something...or better yet, give it as a gift to a friend/family member.

That bag of trash won't end up in the landfill if you burn it   >:D  

Nah I'm just messin round.

I noticed the thread this morning.....surprised to see it still going and figured I'd throw in.

To each his own. That about sums it up for me. Don't have the time (or care to take the time) to go back n forth on a forum.  

Oh and nice sign!

Thanks...right now i am working on other stuff for a motorcycle bike show this weekend...making some decals to have on hand to sell...

stuff like guns ans supporting the 2nd amendment, bike stuff and more..

doing alot of it just in white, hope to sell this and make more there...but i figure white is a big seller for vehicle windows..etc.

This will be my second bike show, my last one i only had two decals premade...they both sold, then i was busy making stuff for others and did a few shirts..

Good luck with the new bike show as well.... sounds like a good opportunty for you.

thanks...i hope so...i just don't know what will sell well, lol.

Welcome to business 101....................

If that was an easy question to answer I'd be a millionaire.  

Yeah i hear ya...

So far i have about 50 premade decals, 2-3 of each different ones, all white, and writing a ballpark price on each depending on size and weeding detail...

Most of them are about 6x6, some small ones about 3x5, etc...most prices are $4 to $6. and then some smaller ones 2x6 for $2...

does that seem right?