Sign in to follow this  
security802

I don't want to complain, but need to vent

Sorry guys and gals, I just need to vent, it's been a long week here for us, and trying not to make things harder on wife I bite the tongue alot. Last week my car lost the timing belt ( got it fixed), lost the net for a few days (bad wire somewhere, redneck fix till snow melts), well trying to fix the net the attic stairs broke and I almost fell the 10' to the floor, My father-in-law has been rushed to two different hospitals and now in a med induced sleep, my brother-in-law is in surgery right now as i type for a 6 that's right 6 way bypass on his heart.... And I am so behind on work and worn out from stressing. COME ON WTH can we catch a break anytime soon???

My wife has had to spend alot of time at the hospital as her mother and sister can't handle treatment decisions, they wouldn't even sign consent to treat for an IV when he first when in. Wife was on phone with DR, as she drove in trying to get treatment started but they wouldn't cause those two were there and refusing to sign....

Again Sorry, just needed to vent and this is best way less stress for the wife :wacko:

suggest that your wife get medical power of attorney over her dad ASAP. She will need it.

• Like 4

suggest that your wife get medical power of attorney over her dad ASAP. She will need it.

In the process.......

once she was there at the hospital she could get it taken care of, just not over phone.

Hang in there man -- it seams 2014 has came in beating the sh^& out of many on here . . . we will survive!  together!

• Like 1

Thanks, like I said just needed to vent and like you said dakotagrafx, alot on here dealing with similar issues. believe it or not I appreciate it all

I have been fortunate in many ways mine has been mainly monetary mechaincal issues with cars (blown engines etc) - life is way more important

Man I hear ya, my mom has been in the hospital for 4 months last yr came home just in time for the Holidays and Mid January she went back in and hasn't come home, lost half her foot and has just the ankle, she stopped breathing while in there, and 2 days ago she had a minor heart attack however to me no heart attack is minor. she refuses to eat cause she has mashed up food and she hates it. She had a breathing tube in her for a month had it removed. She has a feeding tube down her throat and now they are moving her cause of therapy and other things. So E.L I understand. However I am taking care of my dad who is also handicapped till he gets his hip replaced and he lives in his recliner.. I hope things get better for you and your family.

• Like 1

Man I hear ya, my mom has been in the hospital for 4 months last yr came home just in time for the Holidays and Mid January she went back in and hasn't come home, lost half her foot and has just the ankle, she stopped breathing while in there, and 2 days ago she had a minor heart attack however to me no heart attack is minor. she refuses to eat cause she has mashed up food and she hates it. She had a breathing tube in her for a month had it removed. She has a feeding tube down her throat and now they are moving her cause of therapy and other things. So E.L I understand. However I am taking care of my dad who is also handicapped till he gets his hip replaced and he lives in his recliner.. I hope things get better for you and your family.

And here is hoping that yours as well improves.

El I thought my week was bad till I read your post. Sorry about the bad luck, hope things get better

I always try and remember, even though we often want for things to be better (and nothing wrong with that)

They can always be worse. We usually don't have far to look to find someone who is in a tougher place.

What is it they say? If given the choice of other's problems or our own, we would pick our own...

Don't know how much Truth that holds but, it's a great reminder to count our blessings rather than our burdens.

My Best to all of you. Hang in there...

• Like 1

I always try and remember, even though we often want for things to be better (and nothing wrong with that)

They can always be worse. We usually don't have far to look to find someone who is in a tougher place.

What is it they say? If given the choice of other's problems or our own, we would pick our own...

Don't know how much Truth that holds but, it's a great reminder to count our blessings rather than our burdens.

My Best to all of you. Hang in there...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well said Scarekrow. I just thought my life was hectic right now! Prayers going up for my friends on here. May He help and guide you in this time of need.

Butch

• Like 2

Well said Scarekrow. I just thought my life was hectic right now! Prayers going up for my friends on here. May He help and guide you in this time of need.

Butch

Thanks Butch, and right back at you hope all improves for everyone dealing with any kind of issue be it big or small

Man I hope everything works out for you EL.. you have been a big help to me.. Keep your head up and keep pushing forward.. We all need to vent sometimes

That is a great thing about being a part of a online community even though most of us have not meet we feel like part of an extended family. I was wondering about Rodger this week he has not been around for a while and i know he had some personal loss last year so when one of the members bows out for a while you wonder about them. Good luck to you and your family we have three great gifts FAITH HOPE and LOVE so no matter what comes our way we can perserver

• Like 4

The last 12 months have been a roller coaster for many of us. All you can is keep your up and keep going and you're im my prayers.

• Like 4

Thanks all, they were able to decrease Father in law meds so he is starting to come around. Brother in-law had his 6 way bypass done, and sister says he is doing good. So thanks all

• Like 4

the heart procedures are miles above the old days. dads first heart attack he was down for most of a year before working - last one (of 3) he was back to work in a couple weeks - slowly but back to work.

the heart procedures are miles above the old days. dads first heart attack he was down for most of a year before working - last one (of 3) he was back to work in a couple weeks - slowly but back to work.

My Father passed at 55 in June 1973 from heart problems i am quite sure that with todays treatments he would have survived many more years

• Like 3

My grandfather passed away in 1985 at the age of 50 of a heart attack.. He was driving to work that morning.. The doctor told him 3 days prior he needed to slow down and he said he couldn't due to feeding 9 kids.. 

Brother In law gets to go home Fri they are saying, and father in law is trying to wake up today, wife said he turned his head when she talked to him.... Thanks again all believe it or not it means alot to have this outlet

• Like 3

Tell ya EL these people are great, when I was going through the mess last yr they were here, specially Ted S, Dakota, and Jaybird I think Jaybird and I stayed in touch though more than others but then again we're FB friends. It helped to talk about things and lots of these ladies and Gentlemen have gone through it. Petroman was also a great help.

• Like 3