carwash

Busted out another large car logo today...

This is my best work yet, due to Wildgoose's trick with the Parchment Paper.... I'm not sure how i ever did without it before, lol...  Here are the layers and the finished product...  4 colors, 5 layers.  Couldn't make all the black happen in 1 layer, had to do a base and an overlay...

EFD3AA40-4D54-4407-A2AB-CBDCFDCF2682_zps

D80A16AB-D363-493A-B00F-545CB81A6BA9_zps

43CB4C3A-7AC1-40B5-82EA-7C600760066C_zps

66219881-2160-41F5-A5DC-C7B8B39E0D43_zps66219881-2160-41F5-A5DC-C7B8B39E0D43_zps

64988E10-F4AD-4F34-BCFC-41F37873D87D_zps

B1DDAD2F-DA82-4F24-BC8C-64A43D31F7A7_zps

53502A5F-DF14-4E00-933D-2DBA49FF47E7_zps

Who has the best trick for getting rid of small bubbles in layers?  Heat gun?

• Like 2

That's pretty impressive registration work there. Nice job. Short of pricking the bubbles with a stick pin, I have no wisdom for you. I don't do too much layering.

I poke but with the point of a single edge razor. It cuts so clean you can't begin to tell where it's been done.

I bought a box of sewing pins, and when I have bubbles I just poke away in one side of the bubble and work the air out.

You da man carwash.. You da man. Damn nice work. What is the H and W of that bad boy?

On the bubbles. Are you doing it wet or dry?

23 wide, 30 tall.

Doing it dry. Wet would be a mess on layered stuff on my work table.

I know the poking method for bubbles. Just wanted something easier and faster.

23 wide, 30 tall. Doing it dry. Wet would be a mess on layered stuff on my work table. I know the poking method for bubbles. Just wanted something easier and faster.

Try wiping with alcohol between layers? Cut the static possibly?

If at all possible install install the decal in layers.  Don't preassemble, air gets trapped when there are unequal levels of vinyl and your squeegee can't apply pressure equally to the vinyl.

• Like 2

Parchment...  Remove the backing form the decal and replace with sheets of cooking parchment paper.  It's damn near see-through and sticks to NOTHING.  it allows you to line up layers amazingly..... No need really for registration marks at all anymore...

So your not using app tape?? I am just confused..if you remove the backing from the decal to expose the sticky side, are you putting the parchment on that?? 

Apply app tape, remove backing, replace backing with parchment, then layer as you normally would...

Is it just me, or does there seem to be something amiss with the U and G, in Stuttgart? Also, with the black H, in Porsche?

Even if I AM right, that is still some mighty fine work! I wish I could do that!!!!

Yeah, I lost part of the H while weeding... didn't realize til later...

The stuttgart was fixed on it as well, not sure how it got all jumpy like that...

Wow, what a brilliant... yet such a simple... idea with the parchment paper. Have a layered install coming up next week, definitely trying it!

Have viewed a lot of your recent threads... you do some good work man!