Sign in to follow this  
Arcbeat

What would you do ?

Hello Guys,

One of my client called me last and ask for a store hour sign for her business and insisted to get it install before am. She asked if i can get it done asap, so since i dont live far from her business i went got everything done and install it. Mind you it was 9pm at night , took me about 15 min. Drive by the next morning and found out that I did not center the company but the client loved it and even referred me to 2 other businesses in the area. So my question is this do i tell the client that i need to redo it and just leave it like that.

Thank you,

post-79052-0-42217500-1393261341_thumb.p

i would strip and redo, the problem coming from you always sounds better than coming from a customer.

in the end she will probably give you a better referral for noticing the error and fixing rather than waiting to see if her or her customers notice.

• Like 2

Make another one and then go by and explain the problem and insist on repairing it right then. Its fresh vinyl so it wont be hard to remove. Tell her itll only take 10 mins to replace. If she wants it done in non business hours then go back when they close but I would be there at 6 when they close. 

Thank you guy for you input, I will def let her know and FrznFire07 you right " ...the problem coming from you always sounds better than coming from a customer. "

Yes..... give client the option your name is on it and there are plenty of people like us who would catch it.

I'd point it out and apologize but I'd already have the replacement with me and ask if they would let me take care of that for them while I was there or at their earliest convenience.

I agree with the others just re-do it on your own, you'll score big brownie points. You were in a rush is why it happened anyway. You might also be able to swing by with an exacto and slice an equal amount off the other side and I doubt you could tell the letters were off. It just shows up because the box is so obvious.

I'd point it out and apologize but I'd already have the replacement with me and ask if they would let me take care of that for them while I was there or at their earliest convenience.

yup. do this...

Leaving it be just makes you look sloppy even though we all have bad days taking care of the problem is what separates the men from the boys so to speak.

Thanks guys, I appreciate all of you. I already spoke to the client and will be there tomorrow getting it replace.

Thanks again.

If you are talking about how the inside rectangle is closer too the left. I would just take a straight edge and knife and trim to match right side if this is what I am seeing. Just my .02.

Butch

I hate to be the one to point this out but did you purposely offset the days/hours?

they're closer to the right side.

I hate to be the one to point this out but did you purposely offset the days/hours?

they're closer to the right side.

That's the reason for my recommendation...

really, now that I look at the original pic again, if it were my project, I would remove it and reinstall.

Not to disparage your work but with the white grids in the door i belive i would have used a different color in the photo at least the hours and grid blend together.

Yea I would make a trip with the replacement in hand and explain that it's not up to your standards and you would like to redo it for her.. If I were the customer I surely would appreciate the gesture