Go-C Graphics

Now I'm in Trouble and need some advice

I've had the MH now for about 5 months and it's been great.  But today the pivot point where it clamps onto the blade holder broke. I had some problems with it previously because the blade holder wasn't straight.  I had US Cutter send me another carriage under warranty but I never used it because I was able to shim my carriage with pieces of vinyl to straighten out the blade housing.   

So I had another holder to install.  I installed it and everything looks ok BUT now circles don't really look like circles. They are coming out alittle deformed.  Again the new carriage isn't holding the blade housing straight but the way this new carriage is (It's the older style)  I'm limited to how I can shim it. I've done the best I can but it's still coming out like this.  I'm stuck on what I should do.  

I'd LOVE a graphtec but the business doesn't have enough money to afford one, so the only way would be to dip into my personal saving. 

What do you guys recommend?  Is there a different cutter I should get in the $800 range?   

I'm torn because $1700 is alot of money.  

Where can I get the BEST deal?

This is on reflective which is about 35% of what I do.  It's cutting really rough

The hooks on the E and the J are suppose to be continuous even lines. Not narrowing down or widening on the curves. The B shouldn't be narrowing on the bottom. post-69458-0-03592900-1392583521_thumb.j

It's hard to tell but the circles aren't perfectly round.   post-69458-0-50290600-1392583528_thumb.j

Oracal 651 cuts alittle better but it's still not right.post-69458-0-28369900-1392584215_thumb.j

Sorry guys.  

I just need to discuss what to do with somebody..............

The GF just doesn't understand.   

If the Graphtec is out right now, and your current machine can't give you the results you need do to mechanical issues etc. I LIKE my SC from UScutter and have no complaints other then the noise level being a stepper system. I have seen others post they like the LP2 but I am not using one so I do not know its abilities.

Buy with in your means, on the thought of WHEN you can upgrade to a graphtec. That is my current plan, make what I can with the SC investment and tuck away for a Graphtec.

Yes GO-C i have an SC cutter as well which it is a 25 inch one. No complaints except like EL said just a tad noisy. Tucking little here and there from jobs to get back to a graphtec one day.. 

You don't have to get a brand new Graphtec, you should be able to find a good used CE5000 for around $700-$800 on eBay or Craigslist. Or an older model FC series 24" for $500 or so.

• Like 1

You will have to make that call. I don’t do this for a living. My first cutter was a GCC24. I immediately saw the need to get a better cutter. I upgraded to a Roland GX24 and have been quite satisfied.

• Like 2

The graphtec, roland, etc would be your best bet. But you can get a gcc expert 24 pro for about a grand or a co-pam 24 for around $750.00 buy the very best you can afford you wont regret it.

You don't have to get a brand new Graphtec, you should be able to find a good used CE5000 for around $700-$800 on eBay or Craigslist. Or an older model FC series 24" for $500 or so.

I've looked......  I can't find one in a 200 mile radius.  

The graphtec, roland, etc would be your best bet. But you can get a gcc expert 24 pro for about a grand or a co-pam 24 for around $750.00 buy the very best you can afford you wont regret it.

I'm not familiar with the GCC line.  Can you tell me amything about it?

Honestly I feel like I could swing a graphtec and make my money back.  

This isn't my full time job but it is making money. The way things are going I WILL make my money back.  It's just a matter of how long it'll take. I'm guessing maybe 4 months at my current rate.  I'm just a HUGE researcher and I want the most for my money and I don't know enough about each cutter to make an informed decision.  Everyone says how great the graphtec is on here but is there another cutter what will work.  

The Co-pam sounds like a good plotter

The TC sounds like it'll work

The Laserpoint II looks like a nice cutter also.

It's just hard to drop that kind of money on something you've never seen in person.  

IT'S KILLING ME!!!!!  

LOL

I got the sc cutter , I wont buy anything better until it pays for its self. A better cutter doesnt increase sales unless production time holds you back. And most of us wish we had production time problems lol.

I dropped $3000 on my cutter in 2008 and never regretted it...I have never had a problem and use it everyday.  Had my money back in 5-6 weeks.  You can do so much more with a professional cutter, than a value cutter.  You don't have to guess, can my cutter cut that? Does it have enough memory.?   How will it track.?...  A Graphtec will cut it every time the first time...  If there are errors it is user errors.  I can cut 20ft if I want,  no problem,  And cut it correctly.   You don't have to do a tweek every time you cut.. Put you vinyl in, pre feed,  set origin and cut...  All I change is the speed, depending on the job. And I can do that right from my computer, with the Graphtec cutting controller. .I only cut sign vinyl, for large vinyl graphics.    UScutter does have financing  also.  

I also gave  my son a loan to get a new Graphtec CE5000-60, in 2012.  I did not want him to start with a value cutter.  I already knew the frustration with one.  My first cutter was a Seiki..

• Like 2

Lol my sc cutter hasnt paid for its self in 3 months.

I must be doing something wrong.

Large decals is where the money is...  I have always made large vehicle graphics. That is what I originally started with.  While your piddling with the little stuff, trying to sell 30-100 to make $100.  I only have to sell 1 or 2...  And look how much time you put into all that work,  that only takes me an  hour.or less.. :rolleyes: .  But, you have to have a great dependable cutter to do it...

Guess what?:huh:??:huh:??   I'm still researching.................  I'm going to be up all night and my GF is going to kill me.  haha lol

OK  What's up with a Vinyl Express Qe6000? Is it Exactly like a graphtec?

Why would anyone buy a Graphtec if the Vinyl Express is exactly the same?  

OH So much to learn?

As far as making my money back........ It'll happen in 4 months at my current rate.   I have a meeting tomorrow with the GM at the local KIA dealer. The same owner has 3 other dealerships in the area.  He's got a ton of ideas.  If it's as good of a meeting as I'm hoping I'll have my money back in 2 months.  

• Like 1

Graphtec and Vinyl Express are close.  but not alike. Vinyl Express is not Mac compatible.  They are closer to being alike on the QE series, than the Q series, which is similar to the FC model.  And your only support for the Vinyl Express is Sign Warehouse,  Not Graphtec.   Graphtec holds more value just for the name at resale...Plus is both for PC and Mac. so easier to sell.   I researched both when I bought mine, and went with the Graphtec.  and would do it again.

• Like 1

Graphtec and Vinyl Express are close.  but not alike. Vinyl Express is not Mac compatible.  They are closer to being alike on the QE series, than the Q series, which is similar to the FC model.  And your only support for the Vinyl Express is Sign Warehouse,  Not Graphtec.   Graphtec holds more value just for the name at resale...Plus is both for PC and Mac. so easier to sell.   I researched both when I bought mine, and went with the Graphtec.  and would do it again.

Thank you very much for sharing your previous research.  

Did your research ever put the Graphtec vs a GCC Expert Pro?

Nope nothing on the GCC.  I had not even heard of it back then.  I had not heard of the forum back then. ,  I learned everything on my own.   I was only researching between  Graphtec,Vinyl Express  and Roland. 

• Like 1

I have a vinyl express and if it were me I'd buy the Graphtec. Physically they may be the same but the VE won't run on Graphtec drivers which limits some of your software options and if you ever decide to resell the Graphtec label will bring you more of your investment back.

Thanks for all the advice. I landed a GREAT account yesterday so I going for the graphtec.

Where can I get the best price? $1745 is listed on everyone's website but I know I can get it for a better price. Does anyone have a vendor I could go too who will give me a good deal?

I doubt you can get a better price..   Distributors have contracts, with Graphtec to avoid low balling... Like most distributors do.. They may throw some extras in, but still keep the prices the same...  Sellers don't have to lower the price,  these models are fairly new...And these models will be around for quite a while.   If you want to save a few dollars,  Pick up the CE5000-60.  bundle.  for $1595.   Still a great machine..

And Graphtec claims the retail is $2195.00, on the CE6000-60,   so at $1745.  it is on sale.   Some offer FREE shipping, some don't.

There is also a DEMO refurb   of the CE6000-60 for $1599.00 at UScutter. 

• Like 1

Oh you should have seen me last night!!!!   I was so pissed because I had a very important First job for a car dealership.  

It's just not cutting right.

SO

It's ordered....................  A BRAND NEW Graphtec CE6000 from uscutter. 

Now I'm patiently waiting for a tracking number so I can wait like a little kid on Christmas for it to come. 

Quick question.   It comes with it's own studio software.  Would it be better to learn this and use it instead of Flexistarter to cut?

I wonder whats new on the 6000 model??

For the most part i love my Graphtec ce5000-60..every now and then i get a stupid "off scale" error that bugs me but it has to be user error..or something.

When it cuts...it does so greatly!!