bikemike

Just showing off.

Looks like I lost the tip off my graphtec blade.

Changed it out to a china 60* and set it up.

Had to try to see how good it would cut.

Picture sux. It ready does look better than that.

post-19693-0-33717100-1384545159_thumb.j

I broke a cleancut this spring w/o a spare blade handy. Sucks when that happens.

That is why I ordered some. That and I wanted to give the 60* a shot.

By the way, that lettering is .750 X .169

I broke a cleancut this spring w/o a spare blade handy. Sucks when that happens.

That's like driving a Cadillac with no spare tire??? It's not if it breaks,   it's when!

Dang Jay that is dialed in! - isn't the enduracut a rebranded gcc?  definitely a step up from the r series

• Like 1

Yes, it a rebranded GCC. I think I could keep up with a Graphtec or Roland on the small stuff.

Those are both great. Isn't it silly how much time we spend dorking around with stuff like that!

Those are both great. Isn't it silly how much time we spend dorking around with stuff like that!

If you only knew. I have a particular design that I will tweak and tweak the cutter just to see how small I can get it. No reason really just to see.

Yes, it a rebranded GCC. I think I could keep up with a Graphtec or Roland on the small stuff.

you are right up there!  is that the generic blade or cleancut?

If you only knew. I have a particular design that I will tweak and tweak the cutter just to see how small I can get it. No reason really just to see.

Ya I do the same thing, and compare the cut with different vinyls to see if they cut better. My wife thinks I'm nuts

Metallic colors seem to cut with more detail. Been down that dark rode myself lol. When I really want to go small I'll cut scrap siser, the adhesive backing holds everything better so you can go crazy small.

There was a lady on here with a copam that cut some really small stuff. I dont know if that is typical of a copam or just dialed in that great. If i get much below a half inch with the p cut it starts pulling up letters.

Alright, now this just annoys the hell out of me. I have an SC and can cut a 4 in high zombie with ragged clothing and every little detail is cut perfectly. But if I try to cut any size letters, they look like the carriage is not on track, just jumping all over the place. I want to make text that little and so perfectly! I am still fighting it to figure out why my paths mess up so bad. I am not running them as fonts, but as created AI images with the paths set up. And well, even if I use scal fonts, the same thing happens. Is it this stupid software that has me wasting so much vinyl? I know my blade is set well because an image is perfect, but letters are never usable.

There was a lady on here with a copam that cut some really small stuff. I dont know if that is typical of a copam or just dialed in that great. If i get much below a half inch with the p cut it starts pulling up letters.

copam was the first machine I had that really did small stuff easier and without a lot of fiddling - interestingly that same machine (copam) has been in production for about 15 years .

copam was the first machine I had that really did small stuff easier and without a lot of fiddling - interestingly that same machine (copam) has been in production for about 15 years .

I am suprised they have not went to servo motors.

Alright, now this just annoys the hell out of me. I have an SC and can cut a 4 in high zombie with ragged clothing and every little detail is cut perfectly. But if I try to cut any size letters, they look like the carriage is not on track, just jumping all over the place. I want to make text that little and so perfectly! I am still fighting it to figure out why my paths mess up so bad. I am not running them as fonts, but as created AI images with the paths set up. And well, even if I use scal fonts, the same thing happens. Is it this stupid software that has me wasting so much vinyl? I know my blade is set well because an image is perfect, but letters are never usable.

I would suggest post an image so we can look at it. You may need to tighten the carriage belt.

I can cut tiny stuff....problem is, I can't SEE to weed it. So until I get new EYES I think I'll just stay with my Chinese Cutters.

• Like 3

EL, I will definitely do that! I am at home now, machine and all the screwed up vinyl is at my office. I will take pics tomorrow and show what I can cut and how any letters show up...

Just picked up a Summa cutter and a heat press, still got a lot to learn. This was on 631 and I believe a 30 degree blade.

post-70615-0-75306800-1384566674_thumb.j

• Like 1

Let's be fair here and stop playing with sans serif. How about some times roman since if it's gonna tear up that seems to be the font that does it most often.

What settings and material are you guys/gals using?  

The first setting you start with, is a properly set blade.   There is no set in stone settings. Even the same  vinyl cutter can vary.   You must fine tune in with your properly set blade. Small detailed letters or designs, I run my cutter slower.   Here is how to set you blade.

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1