Dawn's Design

Camo Hats

attachicon.gif2013-08-24 16.50.46.jpg

Found that deal also. Only problem is only during hunting season. They also have the plain blaze orange for same price

Is that HTV on the bill??? Howd you do that??

Also heres what i saw at my walmart in the sporting goods section. they also had womens pink camo on the shelf below. 

i bought 2 of each of those three types there..if i had more money i would have bought all of them, lol. i have two super-walmarts within 15 miles from me, i will have to keep an eye out at both of them.

And i will have to look for those hoodies.

20131116_185647_zps9b770c6e.jpg

You can do the bill in the hat press. Also if they have velcro closure on back and not plastic snap you can press there too. As soon as I open the press I undo the velcro for a few seconds, just to be safe.

Is that HTV on the bill??? Howd you do that??

Also heres what i saw at my walmart in the sporting goods section. they also had womens pink camo on the shelf below. 

i bought 2 of each of those three types there..if i had more money i would have bought all of them, lol. i have two super-walmarts within 15 miles from me, i will have to keep an eye out at both of them.

And i will have to look for those hoodies.

20131116_185647_zps9b770c6e.jpg

To do the bill I traced the bill to get the shape, scanned into pc then convert to vector. Text to shape and size to fit...

• Like 1

I don't yet have a hat press.  Can it be done on the front (not the bill)  with a regular heat press?  Any methods/tricks to getting that done?

To do the bill I traced the bill to get the shape, scanned into pc then convert to vector. Text to shape and size to fit...

cool.. i gotta do that..

i just did these tho

20131117_175445_zps646cbe21.jpg

• Like 1

I don't yet have a hat press.  Can it be done on the front (not the bill)  with a regular heat press?  Any methods/tricks to getting that done?

Not and have it form right afterwards

okay after reading that everyone was hitting the walmarts for hats i just back with 7 of them. They are the mesh type camo hats. Will be doing a personal one this week pics to follow

If you use Siser easy weed, then do like i did for my first ones... A mixing bowl the size of the hat and a hand iron. Worked great till I got my hat press

• Like 1

If you use Siser easy weed, then do like i did for my first ones... A mixing bowl the size of the hat and a hand iron. Worked great till I got my hat press

Ahhhh I knew their was a way.  Thank you.

I've done a bunch with siser and 3G Opaque without bleed. When I first started using the 3G on them I would get and occasional problem so I lowered the temp 10' and never had a problem again.

post-40404-0-39568600-1384959629_thumb.j

• Like 1

Just did my first hat last night.  Even though my bowls all had a lip on them, I found a large coffee cup to work with.  That made it more difficult holding a cup, the hat, teflon sheet and an iron, but I got it.  The easy weed conformed around the seam and even the stitches.  I'm happy with it.     So THANK YOU for all the tips.  

• Like 1

Went back to one of my walmarts and they had just restocked... they even had non mesh back realtree's..... I bought 'em all ...... again..... dang it

Curious, the first few that I bought when they only had the mesh ones in stock.........Would HTV stick to that mesh with all the holes?  I doubt I will attempt this, but just curious if anybody has done it, or thoughts if you think it would work.

I doubt it will work. Im sure that mesh is plastic and not a fabric...your heat press may melt it lol. Besides HTV works on fabrics..not plastics. U would have better luck just putting regular 651 vinyl on that.

Good idea.  Thanks for the input.  And Jaybird, thanks for another great idea on using 3G Opaque.