I have had 4 or so usps first class packages with tracking go missing for a week  or so in the past month - so I asked the post office today what is going on and was told they are closing sort faclities around the country and consolidating them causing the problems.   now this doesn't help when someone from ebay expects thier package in a few days and it arrives in 2.5 weeks because of this but at least there is an explaination.  personally I have gotten tired of reshipping items and also getting dinged for slow shipping when my items go out the day they are paid for or the next day if late!
thought others might be in the same boat and like to know

In my experience with postal problems, contacting regional managers has gotten things done. My issues werent this but still postal issues and to my surprised the problems were addressed and taken care of. Maybe they can help you as well get some retribution financially or something....better then nothing

My experience with out local usps  including regional has really helped a lot.

I now understand the term going postal and it's origins and that is why I don't even bother anymore. They had my mug press on the shelf for a week and kept telling me no one could locate it? ? ? 

we were going to send a package out yesterday they said it would be 35$ we got there and they wanted 70$ more for a service charge, because it was not in their box. so took it to UPS and it went out for 50$ total. As for lost packages never had any trouble with that.

On a side note.... for the past 3 months I have been getting calls from one of my mortgage companies about one of our house notes.  They are saying they don't have it and it's late.  Assuring them I sent the payment on time but I continued to get hassled.  I use billpay online via my bank so after a few months of this problem, I check with the bank.  It turns out they actually track these checks once they are "cut".  So, the bank confirmed that yes, the checks were in fact cut on the day I requested payment and were even mailed the same day.  Their tracking shows it arrived at the creditors post office in 2 days....... where it appears it has consistantly been sitting for 3 weeks before they pass it on to my creditor.  Thus, causing me to get these harrasing phone calls and not to mention late charges and damaged credit.  

The post office claims no responsibility and the creditor is not working with me on late fees and credit because "it was late" even tho I provided them with the tracking info and they can verify info from post mark on envelope.

I now call that payment in direct.  One more piece of mail the USPS will not carry for me, and they wonder why they are having to downsize.

My experience with out local usps  including regional has really helped a lot.

I now understand the term going postal and it's origins and that is why I don't even bother anymore. They had my mug press on the shelf for a week and kept telling me no one could locate it? ? ? 

Guess that's still better than them having your mug shot on the wall and everyone finding it......oh boy did I really just say that?

The whole bunch of them should be forced to take "service" out of their names. as it seems so rare to find that in their offerings these days. 

• Like 1

the problem is the elimination of sorting facilities - like ours used to go to Kalamazoo 60 miles  away to be sorted - now goes 120 to grand rapids to be sorted  - I am sure during the closures things are slow to move between them also

I have the most problems with getting lost to New York.   2, the same week in April this year.   Now again, nothing showing past post office here, and once again  going to New York.  Has been missing since Aug 31st, 2013.  Had to reship another one.  It was First Class, so no FREE insurance on it. 

When my mail lady dies they are gonna find rooms full of peoples mail. I have tons of stuff that I know was sent but never makes it to my home.

every time the USPS changes something, things get worse. Problem is people making the changes never carried mail and have no idea what is going on.

• Like 1

every time the USPS changes something, things get worse. Problem is people making the changes never carried mail and have no idea what is going on.

I belive the major problem is the first 2 letters in the name US. The postal service once was the most efficent division of goverment because it was run like a business......now it has become run like a goverment agency not so efficent.

I heard on the radio today that they're shooting for only being $5,000,000,000 short of budget this fiscal year.   They should devote some money to developing awesome SPAM filters and forcing marketing people to go back to snail mail as their primary advertising medium... seriously, who writes letters any more?

• Like 1

I have had 4 or so usps first class packages with tracking go missing for a week  or so in the past month - so I asked the post office today what is going on and was told they are closing sort faclities around the country and consolidating them causing the problems.   now this doesn't help when someone from ebay expects thier package in a few days and it arrives in 2.5 weeks because of this but at least there is an explaination.  personally I have gotten tired of reshipping items and also getting dinged for slow shipping when my items go out the day they are paid for or the next day if late!

thought others might be in the same boat and like to know

We just had one take 8 days for a customer to receive. Best part was, we are both in Pa....110 miles apart. I guess better late than never...