Sign in to follow this  
dirttrackin280h

Little something for my truck - What do you think?

Played around tonight and came up with this. I'm really into MTB'ing so I threw together a few MTB brands that I rock and thought it would look cool. Alignment is just slightly off but my OCD can live with it. Not sure I really like it yet...ehh I will run it for a few days and see if it grows on me.  This was my first wet install on a graphic this large and it went well. What do you all think of it?

2013-07-17191220_zps4182ff4c.jpg

2013-07-17191140_zpsf1f3b01e.jpg

2013-07-17191613_zpsa2e59632.jpg

Ended up not liking the gray, so I re-designed it using black with a layer of red on the big "S". I like it much better now. 

2013-07-18190025_zpsf7094d8d.jpg

2013-07-18191114_zps0b388538.jpg

like it much better and like that you trimmed up a little on the bootom - looks great

Thanks guys! I had another idea so today I went at it again. Now I am done and satisfied! Added the top part with "Dakine" above the Toyota emblem to give it a complete look as if it were a stripe. Too bad I am not that skilled to be able to have it all one piece where the black vinyl would run through the Toyota emblem, I doubt I can cut around the emblem without scratching up the paint and having a massive amount of wrinkles and bubbles. It's come along ways since I first started with it being gray (ugly). It's been fun! 

By the way, this was all done using an MH-871 cutter w/SCALP and Oracal vinyl. 

2013-07-19175841_zps38c29437.jpg

2013-07-19181656_zps31eec2e2.jpg

I like it even more with the top piece!

If you try to get it all in one piece like you mentioned I would wet apply of course and just put the vinyl over the top of the emblem. Squeegee everything and do the emblem last. Us an exacto and cut the vinyl down the center of each line of the emblem. This will free up the vinyl and let you squeegee it around each letter. Once you get it in place use the knife to trim off the excess vinyl and tuck a little under the letters. 

Maybe someone has tried this before and can confirm?

I have done around raised letters and trust me you don't want to. The look you have going is like a factory stripe package. I like it.

• Like 1

if you want the stripe going all the way down, why don't you just take the emblem off, apply the stripe, and reapply the emblem?

grab some fishing line and get it behind the emblem then use a sawing motion to cut thru the adhesive.. the emblem will come off and you just need to use some bug and tar remover to get rid of the remaining adhesive on the truck. 

I am completely inexperienced and this may be a dumb question but I gotta ask: How do you get the red Specialized logo with a perfect white outline without a printer??!! This is exactly the type of work I am hoping to learn to do, but I have no idea where to start, all I have in terms of software is sure cuts pro.

I am completely inexperienced and this may be a dumb question but I gotta ask: How do you get the red Specialized logo with a perfect white outline without a printer??!! This is exactly the type of work I am hoping to learn to do, but I have no idea where to start, all I have in terms of software is sure cuts pro.