Sign in to follow this  
jaybyrd

shoot 1 shirt

This was inspired by last weeks break in at my garage. Finally slowed down enough for me to make it this afternoon.

post-40404-0-22610300-1370650569_thumb.j

• Like 1

love it. make that a 'paint' outline tho so it won't go away. B)

I wore it to IHOP tonight and got a couple funny looks, guess they haven;t been robbed yet. I sent in my concealed carry application today and when it comes back I'm gonna print a picture of a gun on my shirts so I comply with the concealed but people still know what the bulge is. Yeah I'm a little crazy but just a little.

• Like 1

love it. make that a 'paint' outline tho so it won't go away. B)

The way they're going around here you wouldn't need paint, fresh outline every couple weeks. I think they're scared of me know I open carry a pistol at my store and any time I'm in my yard, even when I mow the lawn. Criminals look for low risk targets and I'm definitely not low risk for them.

By leads you mean lazy a&* deputy, yeah tons. A few of my customers run in the same circle as 1 of them and I let it be known I was looking for him. The whole conversation I was resting my hand on my pistol trying to send the message he may want to turn himself in before I talk to him.

I wore it to IHOP tonight and got a couple funny looks, guess they haven;t been robbed yet. I sent in my concealed carry application today and when it comes back I'm gonna print a picture of a gun on my shirts so I comply with the concealed but people still know what the bulge is. Yeah I'm a little crazy but just a little.

LOL nice. My only word of advice is check into the wording on the concealed carry, as in my state if it can be construed as threatening manner then they can take permit away. See here if you are carrying and you lift your shirt or jacket to make it known you have a handgun then that is a threat.. a bunch of bullSh*& I say but I follow it cause I like my permit. LOL

If weapon is exposed It violates concealed carry. Picture on shirt is not a weapon just a picture. As for carrying in my store and anywhere on my property  in SC I'm within my rights. I specifically asked about this when I took the cc class since the instructor is a 20+ year veteran of the police force. He spelled out where and how I can carry open which amounted to my place of business and on my property. Takes up to 90 days for cc permit to go through and then I can carry in most places as long as I don't expose to the public. Only time to expose in public is when your defending yourself or someone in life threatening danger. There is a bill in the statehouse to allow open carry but it doesn't look like it'll pass this time around. In case you can't tell I am 1 of many in this country who don't like being sheep if the bad guy even thinks your carrying they'll find an easier target.

• Like 1

BTW I have enough ideas on this topic to make my own shirt line if I could find the time to work on it.

I Think I'll put this on my front door at the store and house.

post-40404-0-37290400-1370659714_thumb.j

• Like 3

make one of these for over the gun.

made for stacey's uncle that had one from the 70's - printed on the versacamm

post-2742-0-94429300-1370667384_thumb.jp

• Like 2

If weapon is exposed It violates concealed carry. Picture on shirt is not a weapon just a picture. As for carrying in my store and anywhere on my property  in SC I'm within my rights. I specifically asked about this when I took the cc class since the instructor is a 20+ year veteran of the police force. He spelled out where and how I can carry open which amounted to my place of business and on my property. Takes up to 90 days for cc permit to go through and then I can carry in most places as long as I don't expose to the public. Only time to expose in public is when your defending yourself or someone in life threatening danger. There is a bill in the statehouse to allow open carry but it doesn't look like it'll pass this time around. In case you can't tell I am 1 of many in this country who don't like being sheep if the bad guy even thinks your carrying they'll find an easier target.

Nice, yeah we have open carry but most of the time it is some moron kid carrying an AR-15 cause he thinks it's ok too, and then tapes the PD when they question why he is wandering around with it.

make one of these for over the gun.

made for stacey's uncle that had one from the 70's - printed on the versacamm

That's awesome dakotagrafx

That's what I was thinking of Scott. That thing looks like the size of the S&W Governor. I just read last night that our "restaurant bill" which would allow carry in places that sell alcohol like Applebee's or ? ? ? got stalled on the house floor until the session ran out so now we wait for January to see if they'll pick it back up. Hard to believe being a southern gun rights state that we're come August 15 we'll be 1 of the 5 remaining states that doesn't allow open carry.

Careful with a bulge. In my class that was as good as open carry. And then a picture of a realistic gun on top of that bulge is just asking for trouble. 

CC holders are supposed to be smarter than the morons and defuse the situation not invite trouble.

The way they're going around here you wouldn't need paint, fresh outline every couple weeks. I think they're scared of me know I open carry a pistol at my store and any time I'm in my yard, even when I mow the lawn. Criminals look for low risk targets and I'm definitely not low risk for them.

That is why I live here . I dont even lock the door half the time never have I have left my vans and trucks unlocked at times by mistake and never lost anything. But this is a small town and I refuse to have the New York city mentality / fear that I need 10 locks on every door. The biggest worry here now are the pill heads and sellers we had one come into the neighborhood but with enough haressement they moved it is amaseing how intimadating a police crusier has on people like that after a few evenings of a crusier sitting across from their house.

I don't lock my house door but then again I've got a black lab that tries to go through the window after strangers. I live pretty rural but drugs are causing a lot more crime in rural areas because they think nobody will see them. SC statue states that weapon must be exposed to be in violation of law. Bulge is fine and a picture is just a picture however I carry right side dominant so I might put pic on left side to further reduce legal risk. The shame is the fact that you can't look to law enforcement in my area to actively do their jobs unless given no choice. The officer that took my report stated that they don't do patrols in my area and it is well within my rights to protect myself and my property and if I feel my life is in danger or a felony is being committed deadly force is allowed under state law. For those interested google "Castle Doctrine SC" and it spells out pretty clearly where the state stands in regards to defending yourself. As for the bulge issue I chose a holster that goes outside the waistband and carries an extra magazine because if the bad guy notices the bulge there is far less of a chance that he will target me so no need to use force. I am starting to wear longer shirts to get used to what I need to legally conceal my weapon and may just start wearing a light windbreaker so that I know it's covered. I know to some I sound alarmist but this isn't the first time my property has been targeted and a gas station 2 blocks from my store has been robbed 3 times in the last 12 months so I figure an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

E L I tend to agree with you about the kids carrying the AR's around I have seen it a bunch on youtube but on the other had if they are not violating the law being stopped for carrying is harassment. I believe the best way around that would have been for lawmakers to make a notation about long guns and their presence in populated areas. When I was younger I may have been 1 of the kids pushing the boundaries but more than likely would of been a tactical prepped 12 gauge.

I too live semi country..... I am 2 miles outside of a town of 35,000.

I never lock the house, or the car.  Most folks in town are smart enough to
stay in town.  Although I stay loaded out here, I have never felt the need to
look for it.

When traveling in the motorhome, the only time I get it out is when
stopped in a rest area, or a non populated overnighter location.

Careful with a bulge. In my class that was as good as open carry. And then a picture of a realistic gun on top of that bulge is just asking for trouble. 

CC holders are supposed to be smarter than the morons and defuse the situation not invite trouble.

Yeah, the whole concept of "concealed" carry is to keep it hidden so that people don't know.  Advertising the fact, even with a shirt that says "I carry a gun" could be construed as "brandishing a weapon" and could be cause to not only take away your CCP but to also ban you from gun ownership for life.  It all depends on the cop, the DA and the judge in question.  North American Arms makes itty-bitty .22 revolvers and they sell a belt buckle accessory that lets you wear the gun on one of those oversized rodeo-type belt buckles - wearing those in some areas is considered "brandishing" although I find it hard to believe you'll intimidate many people who aren't afraid of a gun that small (even though it's deadly) because they'll think it's a fake gun welded to a belt buckle.  I have one of those mini revolvers in .22 LR - they're incredibly convenient for concealed carry, but they don't do much to "intimidate"...

One of these - http://www.nles.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=347 - coupled with one of these - http://www.nles.com/store/customer/home.php?cat=273 should be legal in most jurisdictions, as long as you don't go flashing it around and then get popped for impersonating a police officer.  ;D

I had considered printing a shirt similar to the one that Dakotagrafx posted, only the butt end of a Glock in a ITWB holster and putting it on the back side of the shirt.  I don't have a CCP and haven't since I moved to small town Iowa, our crime rate here is very, very low, and since I work for the city I can't carry to and from work anyways (no weapons allowed on city government property - not even the parking lots).  So, I don't have to worry about being stopped while wearing a shirt like that - I won't be carrying or even have a permit for them to take away...

In my house, though, there are few places where I don't have a firearm available within seconds, and I have a 4-camera security DVR system with remote viewing (originally so I could keep an eye on my dogs) that will help capture intruders while I'm away.

In West Virginia we have the stand your ground and also the Castle laws you can bet your ass if someone uninvited comes in with harm in mind he will leave in a bag . Same way with the stand your ground if needed I will do whatever is needed to protect my family that would be my main concerne I would be hardpressed to resort to leathal procedures for sone type of possesion .

Our town is about 1700 people the city that we ar adjacent to less than 20,000 population . I have lived in a couple larger citys a couple times Orlando Fl. In the 60s and Roanoke va in the 70s for a short while and still own property there. But prefere my little quite town . That is one reason why I dont live in Roanoke because of the crime rise in the last 40 years. Another place I would live is down Banner Johns way we have people in Greeneville Tn about 30 miles from Johnson City and love the area again rual sparsley pouplated area . There is much more money to be made in bigger citys but I dont belive the hassel is worth it.

I am 12 miles from any city with a population of at least 1000 and the crime seeps in like a plague. Before I made the decision on how I carry I consulted a few different people with knowledge in the field and 1 of those people has 20 years as an instructor and numerous years on swat and what he said was do not show the actual weapon and you are well within your rights. So if someone thought my shirt was a weapon I would have explaining to do which is why I will print on non dominant side to help me if I get questioned about it. The plain truth at least down here is criminals are becoming more brazen and violent every day and because of that I think you'd have to be crazy not to carry if you can to protect yourself and your family. I make the shirts and other things like that to vent frustration but if you enter my home uninvited 1 of us won't be walking away and for my business since I'm open to the public things are slightly different and it is a lot harder to justify deadly force because they are allowed inside as a course of normal business. But if they are committing a felony and I see a weapon well.... I grew up in upstate NY and we used to joke id someone broke in through your window and cut themselves they'd sue you for hospital bills and that thinking is part of why I don't live in NY anymore. Looking into dvr setup at the house because trail cams just aren't that reliable to catch the bad guys in the act. As a side note every deputy I've had dealings with since I've lived here had a simple philosophy: It's easier to tell the story if they're is only 1 person telling it.

I am with you like I said to protect my family I will do what ever is needed . I grew up on a farm where there was one mile of bad road tour place and no one else around for a mile or more . WV. had the lowest crime rate in the nation for years and are still close to the lowest I belive third lowest I have not looked to see in a long time . But it is a different world we live in now . In the 60s when I was a young fella running the bars if two people had a problem with each other they may end going a couple rounds out back then maybe have a beer together nothing is that simple these days .

This is the brand of security DVR I own - they are commonly listed on sites like www.woot.com and www.1saleaday.com for very reasonable prices.  I have the 4 low-light camera system that came without a hard drive, so I could install whatever size I wanted.  I purchased it prior to Ottumwa Decal ever being created, it was originally so I could keep an eye on my doggies while I was at work or away and make sure the pet-sitter was coming by as needed.  It also lets me know to scold for an "accident" on the floor...

doesn't hurt having a sherrif car parked across the street from our house.  that and a big dog helps a lot