Sign in to follow this  
MaderDesign

First Window Perf

Got the perf and drove up to James to test print this. We both looked at each other like WTF? when it came out and we couldn't see anything on it really. Had to put it up against something dark to see what it was. Printed on James Versacamm 540

Guest manwayvan

Man that is awsome..Great Work..I needs me a printer

Looks great!

Do you mind sharing the vector file for the gun pattern?  :D

fivestar, I sent you a message but not sure if you got it. I was interested in a large job and would like to discuss it further. email me at dbgotit@yahoo.com if your interested.

Looks good, :D

James, I was taught when you print on perf to adjust the settings, Under print controls bump overprint up to 2. Made a differance in the print with the setting on one it worked pretty good with it on 2 it really brightened the design up. I assume it would depend on the image too.

Broski, why not just msg him? Do you need to use my thread to announce it?

This was created by me. I had to make the pattern and place all the guns to where they would not overlap or end up near each other. This took me awhile to achieve the look I wanted. Not being rude, but too many people have taken work and made it their own to sell. For a small fee I will release this. But can only be used for your own and not sell to others.

Looks good, :D

James, I was taught when you print on perf to adjust the settings, Under print controls bump overprint up to 2. Made a differance in the print with the setting on one it worked pretty good with it on 2 it really brightened the design up. I assume it would depend on the image too.

Thanks for the tip. We lightened it up a bit and turned the heat down some. Made a big difference.

Did you use 3m perf? Thats what mader used. Good stuff i guess. PRICEY

mader your threads are just thread hijacker magnets :D

My threads get jacked cause people have a clue what they are doing. 2 posts, and he comes in and posts that in my thread. Quality posts!

As far as 3M, we had bit of trouble with the perf coming free from the release paper. We tried turning off the preheater but it still started to bubble just a tad. For the price of 3M Perf this stuff should come with an installer lol. For a 54" x 55 yard roll cost $850

Drew - you are a great guy but are coming off a little like a pit bull guarding it's food bowl . . . I am guilty also of beginning to sound like Signs 101 forum myself.  I  have caught myself before and am going to try to get back to the positive attitude from years past.  Peace out bro

No guarding here. I'm just saying that talking about the perf material, methods, looks, etc go hand in hand with this, and I welcome people to ask what materials and such. But just posting to tell another person they pm'd them is not where this goes.

I have a great attitude and always positive, just people who make a name post something up that doesn't belong kinda irritates me.

I'm not sure if you meant it towards that post or the one where I said I'm not going to hand out the vector that I took the time to make.

Geez..I lie down for a nap and come back to this. I don't think Broski meant any malice. Just a newbee not knowing any better.

Enhance your calm.

You know me Banner, I'm like a duck, all calm above the surface but underneath I'm going about a mile a minute.

Window Perf time! lol

I think you have to chill a little man. If you don't want your work being used by others, then keep it to yourself or share it with the ones you "trust".

Once you post it is gone, and you know it. I don't care since I haven't used my cutter in 2 or 3 weeks and never sold anything, just give stuff away, so I'm not a thread. I agree with the the fellow member bringing up the signs101 attitude, talented guys over there, but way too pretentious, let keep it humble around here.

Chill? I haven't even said anything people. I help EVERYONE that I can, for example. American and Proud was in need of taking his .eps of the grinch and making it cutter ready. I took my own time (about an hour) out that I could be working to do this for him. Why? Because I know he'd do the same for me and I wanted to help him out. I take my time to answer pm's from many people. I take the time to answer questions in threads.

You say "If you don't want your work being used by others, then keep it to yourself or share it with the ones you "trust"" Well that is why I only post up a jpeg of it and not the .ai file.

You guys have taken this too far in my opinion. I offended people by saying I wasn't going to give my work out. Sorry get over it. I'll share .eps's that i download, but when I work on something that time is money to me. And for some people around here that log on and contribute nothing to the forum, and just roam around downloading files to use for their business, i'm not gonna contribute to it. I'm here to help people and post up my work. I'm more than nice to people. Go look at my threads, I like to think i'm a nice person.

AAHH.  That's a nice layout.  Probably don't even notice the guns until you get up close.  I like it Mader.  :D :D  Next you'll be doing car wraps.

Is not about sharing or not, is your work and I respect the fact you don't want to just give it away. I was only referring to your attitude, but you're an adult and I'm nobody to tell you what to do or judge you. Sorry if I offended you, but that's what I was thinking, and since we can speak our minds anyway we want here, without offending, I did so.  :D