Guest fivestar

Fivestar is now printing

Guest fivestar

WOOHOO I got my wide format printer  (54 inch Roland SC-500) today.  That thing is FRICKEN HUGE.  I played around with it a little bit this evening but went to take some pics of it and my damn batteries in the digital camera was dead.  Anyways I am soooooooooo excited and am ready to print print print away.  I can already tell that I will want nothing to do with cut vinyl in the very near future.

I will be posting pics of the machine and some of my stuff in the very near future (probably tomorrow).

Congrats Five, I can imagine you would only want to print. You'll have to tell us all about it! I wish I had one :huh:

Guest fivestar

Welcome to the dark side. :)

:);D:) It just got a little darker with me there.  ;D:huh:;D

Guest kenya

WOW Five......... that's wonderful...... Congratulations !!!

Can't wait to see pics of it.

You lucky dog!!!! I'm sure you are going to be loving it and I to can't wait to see pics of the work you've done.

CONGRATS!!!!!  :)

I have a dream....not a big dream...but it's my dream...and that is to be as cool and have as many toys as Fivestar.

But somebody is gonna have to die first.

Congrats,bud.

Guest fivestar

I have a dream....not a big dream...but it's my dream...and that is to be as cool and have as many toys as Fivestar.

But somebody is gonna have to die first.

Congrats,bud.

LMAO.......I'm like a kid at Christmas right now.  I don't know where to start with this thing.

can you print on vinyl? Would you consider taking jobs from us lowly peons without printers?

Guest fivestar

can you print on vinyl? Would you consider taking jobs from us lowly peons without printers?

Yes and yes.......Just gimmie a couple days to work all the "kinks" out.  It's a "little different" then cutting vinyl.  But I am printing right now and I sure would be more then happy to wholesale out jobs.

Five I was thinking it was like the Versacamm. But after briefly reading up it seems a bit different. Do you know what those diff are? I read it needs a heater if printing on banners? Does that have to do w curing inks? Have fun, I'm sure u are!

Guest fivestar

Yes it has heaters, it's been converted over to eco-solvent ink.  So it prints like a versacamm except a little slower.  But I'm having a blast trying to learn the darn thing.  ;D ;D ;D

Who cares if it's a bit slower if the results are the same. Especially since you won't the price tag of the other machine either. Good for you and post those pics when you come down from cloud nine ;D

Ok Five we need to talk. Now that you have this fancy Printer, that poor lowly Graphtec is going to sit in the corner gathering dust, that would be a shame. I would be happy to work a deal where, it comes to visit my Tiny little LP24 and they become friends and cut happy together forever.

Seriously if you go to sell it let me know.

Kevin

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures of your work! I am jealous.

Christi

Guest fivestar

Well here's the first pics of my printer printing *These "block O's" was for color calabration only.

post-0-12986542096983_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986542097495_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986542105136_thumb.jpg

post-0-12986542105504_thumb.jpg

Looking good Five, you'll have to tell us all about the pros/cons as you work with it. I know I know, you haven't found any cons so far as you are still up in the clouds  ;D

That is  ;D .

Guest fivestar

Awww... look how cute that little Graphtec ROBO looks in front of the Roland printer ;D lol

ROFLMAO yeah ROBO that's it.  ;D

Guest fivestar

How's the ink smell?

I'm using Triangle Mild Solvent bulk ink and can't smell it one bit.