VonDad

New Old guy from the Ozarks

Hi everyone.  My name is Bill Turner my moniker is VonDad.  Given to me by my kids..  I recently purchased a 28" MH 721 Mk2.  I have been using a silhoutte cameo to cut small paint masks, but recently have been asked to make something bigger...  So for Christmas I get a new cutter.

This size and the software is all new to me so the learning curve got a little steeper, but hopefully all will go well

Looking forward to learning and hopefully helping

Bill

VonDad

The Old guy part?  I'll be 62 in this July...  But inside I'm 22...

Later

www.facebook.com/Vondad  All of the albums are public and you can see I have been cutting masks by hand.  Some stencils too..  Thanks again

Welcome!  The time consuming part you may find is connecting to the computer- take your time,  follow your COM ports in the software, and in Device Manager, and cutter, and make sure all the settings are the same. If your computer is talking to your cutter, - its all downhill from there :)

"you can see I have been cutting masks by hand".

Yep, That's the way we used to do it, before there was such a thing, as a 'vinyl cutter'.

Hey, VonDad. Welcome to the show.

Thanks for the welcome.  Still trying to figure it all out but have had a little luck.

Some of the vinyl hurts my feelings when I go to buy it but I figure I'll eventually come out

Take care everyone

Remember  I was alright...  I got over it

Bill

VonDad

Welcome..... from the foothills of the Ozarks. Lots of knowledgeable people on here that don't mind at all to help out. Feel free to ask. There's no such thing as a stupid question.