SeeJaysPlace

job over the weekend

A job i did over the weekend!

I did it only 3 times .. all 3 times he changed his mind on the front 3 windows! 

<3 getting paid cause they change there minds.. But i'm Glad its over now!

I did the top lighted up sign and the door minus the Address Numbers the Building said i couldn't change the size of them :( and the door and hours

and also did his cars!

The window's where 41x46.. I cut all the windows out on my 48 inch roll of vinyl one big sticker.. <3'ed it hehe

post-16863-0-79056600-1403633048_thumb.j

• Like 3

Looks good SeeJay! Talk about a return customer :) Did you design, cut and install three times? Design & cut or just design? Still three jobs in one is pretty nice.

He gave me a PDF File he wanted the windows to say i just typed it out not much of a design!

I also made him Coffee Mugs, and some other DYE Sub Stuff..

Ending up to be a Really good job!

it was from a refurel :)

post-16863-0-82083500-1403641694_thumb.j

post-16863-0-68012100-1403641700_thumb.j

post-16863-0-90667800-1403641706_thumb.j

post-16863-0-97878700-1403641716_thumb.j

post-16863-0-02749500-1403641727_thumb.j

not trying to be a downer here, but in the first picture 3529 looks crooked. Is it just the angle?

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="FrznFire07" data-cid="362421" data-time="1403649635"><p>

not trying to be a downer here, but in the first picture 3529 looks crooked. Is it just the angle?</p></blockquote>

Looks like the picture angle to me

• Like 1

not trying to be a downer here, but in the first picture 3529 looks crooked. Is it just the angle?

Maybe it's the 3531 that's crooked.

Either way, SeeJay says he didn't do the address numbers on the doors.

• Like 1

Yep, I didn't do the address on the door's the owner of the building had them put on, I tryed to make them smaller for my customer but .. They wouldn't let me !

Something to do with fire code the fire department wanted them that big!

Yep, I didn't do the address on the door's the owner of the building had them put on, I tryed to make them smaller for my customer but .. They wouldn't let me !

Something to do with fire code the fire department wanted them that big!

fire dept comes up with some of the strangest codes don't they? and they don't apply to everyone.

we have one development in town that the fire dept required all streets and cul de sacs to be able to hold a full size fire truck and be big enough to  turn around. Which meant not only did they have

to have huge cul de sacs but they had to be paved so that they cold handle the weight of a full size fire truck.  It was so expensive the developer decided to pull out.

Then suddenly the fire dept lifted these restrictions and no one else had to do it.

Arial predates the Web by around a decade but I agree it is a boring font

The job as a whole looks good, customers that continually feed you work are great.

A couple of constructive criticism points tho:

- I dont know if you did this, but if not, you could have saved yourself the time of doing the job over if you had given them proofs and simple renderings of how it would look prior to cutting the vinyl. takes a bit more time but much, much less than removing and re-doing, regardless if your getting paid to do the job again. The down side do re-doing a job you've already finished is pushing your other customers delivery/install dates back to accommodate this one.

- The lighted sign, the text doesn't look centered top to bottom on the sign face. the gap along the top of the lettering is larger than the gap along the bottom edge.

Just some things to consider. Other than that, nice job.

I've only done one storefront so far and placed a bid on a second but I heard this advice before and completely agree.  If possible get a straight on phot, take good measurements, then do your proof to scale over the actual picture.  This helped me out as much as my customer to really get an idea what the finished job will look like and help speed the design along.

...I dont know if you did this, but if not, you could have saved yourself the time of doing the job over if you had given them proofs and simple renderings of how it would look prior to cutting the vinyl. takes a bit more time but much, much less than removing and re-doing, regardless if your getting paid to do the job again. The down side do re-doing a job you've already finished is pushing your other customers delivery/install dates back to accommodate this one....

I think the customer provided artwork every time. As far as the lit panel here is some advice whenever possible measure location for graphics with panels install because there is a gap at the top fro expansion and if you don't factor for it your design will always be too low on the panel. I learnt that lesson the hard way.

Arial lacks character and was designed for the web. It doesn't really do much for the look of his business. 

That is what he wanted!! There was no changing his mind!

The job as a whole looks good, customers that continually feed you work are great.

A couple of constructive criticism points tho:

- I dont know if you did this, but if not, you could have saved yourself the time of doing the job over if you had given them proofs and simple renderings of how it would look prior to cutting the vinyl. takes a bit more time but much, much less than removing and re-doing, regardless if your getting paid to do the job again. The down side do re-doing a job you've already finished is pushing your other customers delivery/install dates back to accommodate this one.

- The lighted sign, the text doesn't look centered top to bottom on the sign face. the gap along the top of the lettering is larger than the gap along the bottom edge.

Just some things to consider. Other than that, nice job.

I gave him Proofs each and every time.. He changed his mind about the decal so i changed the sign! .. I got paid each and every time was a diffrent bid/quote for him! The store was next door to my house .. so it was nice and close! and the owner of the store picked me for the job for 2 reason's .. I was a refurel from one of his high school buddies i did his store front for his computer store and, I go to the same church as the guy from this store.