gcextreme

My First Store Front Lettering!

So i just did the DOLLAR DISTRICT and my local barber shop...let me know what u think..

DollarDistrict_1_zps5f8ba4d5.jpg

DwainesBarbershop_2_zps957eb697.jpg

• Like 9

Clear & Legible... I do like that.

I would have layed out and Installed the 'Dollar Gear' for straight up, 90 degrees.

Nice, gc.

yeah but if it was straight up it wouldnt match her shirts or aprons and everywhere else...

It was a learning experiment too...she is really happy with it! 

Before all she had was a printed piece of paper with her store hours on it taped to the door..lol.

Looking back over the other thread with the logo... I see where that "S" was onery to deal with, straight up.

Large improvement over taped-up paper.

The layering on the word "Hours" is off.

No biggie, but I notice stuff like that.

That whole logo was a pain, its actually black/red/black/white....it sucked.

Next time just punch the "dollar district" and the dollar sign shadow out of the red. Theres not reason to add another layer. 

You live and you learn.

• Like 1

Super work for your first, I really like the barber pole.

Cal

The layering on the word "Hours" is off.

No biggie, but I notice stuff like that.

Some how the white got a wrinkle in it...i already remade that and will go out and replace it on friday.

Yeah my barber really likes it!

He paid me $10 for it and said he will give me 2 free haircuts (another $20 value!)

For the Dollar District...i sold myself short..only charge her $35 for all that! Probably should have been more..but its one of my firsts and i wanted to get some exposure and use pics of it as samples for future customers.

Plus im gonna talk to her about having a shelf/rack to sell my decals and shirts in her store too.

Some how the white got a wrinkle in it...i already remade that and will go out and replace it on friday. Yeah my barber really likes it! He paid me $10 for it and said he will give me 2 free haircuts (another $20 value!) For the Dollar District...i sold myself short..only charge her $35 for all that! Probably should have been more..but its one of my firsts and i wanted to get some exposure and use pics of it as samples for future customers. Plus im gonna talk to her about having a shelf/rack to sell my decals and shirts in her store too.

Sounds like smart business to me! 

Did you see what I was talking about with bubbles along the edges of layered letters? I try to install one layer at a time to avoid that. Looks pretty good though.

I do door fronts for $35 in one color all the time so I would maybe have went another $15 for the extra but you can always look at it as an investment in experience. I did a whole bunch of stuff for free for a while so you made out better than I did at first! 

Some how the white got a wrinkle in it...i already remade that and will go out and replace it on friday.

Yeah my barber really likes it!

He paid me $10 for it and said he will give me 2 free haircuts (another $20 value!)

For the Dollar District...i sold myself short..only charge her $35 for all that! Probably should have been more..but its one of my firsts and i wanted to get some exposure and use pics of it as samples for future customers.

Plus im gonna talk to her about having a shelf/rack to sell my decals and shirts in her store too.

I would be around 75.00 to 100.00 installed on either of those.

Thanks guys..

Wildgoose..i didnt have any bubles along the edges..just a wrinkle at the "r" in hours.

Thanks guys..

Wildgoose..i didnt have any bubles along the edges..just a wrinkle at the "r" in hours.

Hmmm, I always get a small bubble right where the two meet. As in, on the barber shop door, the bubble would show up in the white lower layer right along the edge of the red. Maybe I'm putting too much pressure on the app tape during the layering process. I am usually using 751 too, 651 is stiff enough it may be less susceptible. I have just switched to doing the layers right on the application now so i don't have to worry about it but if you get a heavily curved rear window or something like that it can be tougher to get it all lined up perfect so once in a while I still do. 

Very nice, especially for your first time.  Seems like you did great:  got a little money, a lot of exposure, possible future business, and possible retail space, seem like a great deal to me.

Yep..going back next week to replace the "Hours"..

And talk with her more about selling shirts/hats and stuff there.

When doing hours I like to put 9 am - 2 pm instead of 9:00 and 2:00. I just think,it looks less busy. But as long as it's consistent it looks right. Good job!