DecalOriented

New guy from sunny Fla.

Figured I'd take a minute to finally introduce myself. My name is Jeff, I run a small startup called Decal Oriented with my wife in addition to my regular 9-5 (more like 7a-12a lately). I purchased a 34" US Cutter SC earlier this year and am at the point now where I need to seriously consider upgrading to a more robust setup. Though it has worked for me so far I do have several issues with it that lead me to believe that I need to make the jump to a better machine. The noise from this thing is horrendous! aside from that we are still learning and doing our best to make this a success.

Our future plans are to have enough equipment to cut our own large format projects rather than sub them out which reduces our return. for now it's working since time is limited for us.

I'll be asking a ton of questions and showing some of my projects. I failed to document most of what I've done until now which in hindsight was a huge mistake since my portfolio would be much larger had I done so.

All that being said I look forward to learning, contirbuting and growing within the community.

Regards,

Jeff

Jeff, howdy.

The LiYu-SC is a quiet running machine, compared to the MH871 Refine that I was using until a few weeks ago.

I literally couldn't carry on a conversation in the room while that MH was cutting.

But you're right, the budget-priced equipment tends to be on the noisy side (with their stepper motors) and the high-end cutters with servo motors will be substantially more silent while operating.

Mark, I'm on the other coast over in Cape Coral. Just north of Fort Myers/Naples

Slice, thanks for the heads up. I'll look into that. My boss has an older graphtec 60" just collecting dust that I'm trying to get him to sell me since we no longer make our signs at the shop anymore.

Dave, I'm originally from Ohio. Just west of Cleveland in Lorain. Grew up there and got tired of teh snow so I moved south and haven't looked back.

Thanks for the welcome guys. I'll be posting in the help section tomorrow since I'm having one hell of a time getting my cutter to behave with a rather large order coming due in the next few days.

See ya'll around.

Welcome from Punta Gorda Florida