kainth.c.s

Help required with flexi sign

Hi everyone. I need a bit of help about the flexi sign. We are trying to make this decal with the white profile as the cut lines. Unfortunately, the production manager of the software is not recognizing the lines as cut lines, especially for the text. The person who is doing it is saying that upon selecting the text, the option for the cutter does not appear at all, means it is not recognizing the lines as cut lines for the text. Any inputs please?
Also, is there any way in flexi sign to do a 'Property match' for the lines? I mean , I have been supplied with a file from him as a reference whose shape is bring recognized as a cut line by his software. Is there any way in flexi sign by which I can import that file and make the properties of all the white shapes match that profile hoping it will get recognized as a cut line?
Any help would be appreciated.

NAC001.jpg

Good Morning mate.  I will the post the file within next 10 hours.  Sorry, I am at work now and uts something I do as hobbyist.  Once I get home, i will do it

• Like 1

While not relevant to this discussion, the oval with 'nac' annoys me due to its tilt. Jussayyin'.

Once you post the file we'll know for sure, but my guess is you don't have a vector file, you have a raster image.

As simple as this entire design is, I would just recreate it, takes a few minutes. (Hardest thing here is the 'heartbeat' line, but there's plenty of vector graphics on the web to use for this, or just use the polyline tool and draw it).

360_F_208480571_Ws4f7xUVkxWmbNcjgGSVxrxE

Please find the attached file.  The oval and the heartbeat are not the problem. The text is and thus, it is hard to recreate.  I posted it in some facebook group and got a suggestion to apply "Contour cut" with zero offset on it.  I will give it a shot.

"Darkshadow" : It is a vector file.  I can't eork with raster images.  The problem is the text is not being recognised as a cutting contour by the Flexi Sign Production Manager with the cutter driver installed.

"Slice and dice": The oval needs to be in this shape as it has been approved by the company management.  Also the shading of green at the ends needs ro be lighter.

It is a combination of print and cut with colored profile printed (with bleed) and the rest cut.

Any inputs please?

SHADE.pdf

NAC001.pdf

This one is beyond my pay grade.

Thanks for the assist, Skeetz. Hopefully that solves it.

The only thing I notice is the letters are all strokes and not fills. Meaning, if the cutter were to cut it, it would cut out the letter not an outline as the image looks.

I've removed the strokes and made everything solid colors, this is what the cutter would cut. I've also changed the colors to make the various shapes more obvious. The ovals are a bit of a mess.

drawing.svg

Hello everyone

"Skeeter" and "Darcshadow", I gave both the files a try but again, the printer failed to recognize the cut lines. I mean, in the production manager, the option for cutter blade for the selected text kept on remaining grey (not highlighted).  I do not rule out the fact that possible, the printer driver might be installed incorrectly.

Here is how it worked for me.

I made two ai files from the original file I supplied.  The one contained filled up shapes with the bleeds (for printing) and the one only to be used for cutting.  I converted the latter into "dxf" and reopened it again in Flexisign.  I inserted the converted dxf file into the already opened Print file and aligned both w.r.t. the very outside rectangular boundary after grouping. It was a bit of lengthy process, but I was able to get the cut file and the shaded file as a single file.

Also, I got a reply from another facebook user as "Yo can apply "Contour Cut" to the profile you want to use as a Dieline with Zero offset."

Many thanks for your painstaking efforts.

That sounds like a lot of effort for what seems like a fairly simple graphic.  If you have the time and inclination, see if this file will work.

shade2.eps

G'day Guys.

Indeed it is, but if you happen to jave a look at the end result, it is quite worth in many cases.

I will give your file a try at the printer guy's shop and will let you know how it goes. He will be back in Australia next month as he is iverseas at the moment.

It worked good with my version of the software.

And Skeeter, your file worked as well with me.

The problem was at the printer's end.

Will keep you posted

• Like 1