Guest Jwyatt

Won't Cut after Windows 11 Update

Guest Jwyatt

I recently updated my computer Windows 11. I had to reactive the software as some do, but now my MH 721 simply won't cut. The software is detecting it as normal, bit when I go through all the steps and hut "CUT NOW", nothing happens. Common problem? Easy fix?

Welcome to the forum. If you register as a member, you will not need to wait for a moderator to approve your post. 

Check the comport setting in your software to make sure it wants to thensend the job to the port that Windows assigned to your cutter. 

Are you using the USB cable, or an adapter? I had 11 pushed to me last week as well and have not had any new problems with mine.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, darcshadow said:

Are you using the USB cable, or an adapter? I had 11 pushed to me last week as well and have not had any new problems with mine.

You're brave. The Win11 update has been sitting in my updates for a while ... still reluctant to do it :P

I delayed it once but it installed anyway the next time I rebooted. Other than stupid rearranging of things and removing stuff I used frequently, it's not bad. Took me an hours or so to figure out how to undo stupid things they changed. Hate the new start menu. They also change the right click on files things. They took away the send to option and hid it in a sub menu. I use the send to all the time! Took me a good while to find online how to get the send to back. Seems like they do a survey, figure out what people use the most, and then get rid of them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, darcshadow said:

I delayed it once but it installed anyway the next time I rebooted. Other than stupid rearranging of things and removing stuff I used frequently, it's not bad. Took me an hours or so to figure out how to undo stupid things they changed. Hate the new start menu. They also change the right click on files things. They took away the send to option and hid it in a sub menu. I use the send to all the time! Took me a good while to find online how to get the send to back. Seems like they do a survey, figure out what people use the most, and then get rid of them.

Well, then I can honestly say that I am not looking forward to Win11. I do know that at some point I will have to install and get familiar with, since a lot of the calls I field are more help desk level, but for now, I'm kind of content tell people that I don't have Win11, so I can't do any walk-throughs on how to remedy what it broke :P

so far on win 11, after getting used to the menu that reminds me more of a mac, I have had no issues (knock on wood) - feeling lucky.  but I get what darcshadow is saying it is hard to learn the little navigation changes - wife and myself are thinking in a couple of months of going to streaming service from dish and feeling a lot like an old bugger new having to learn something new after being comfortable for 25+ years.    now I do have 2 of the windows 10 machines (one mine and one moms) that just won't do the last 2 updates and after spending 3 days researching and trying different fixes gave up for a while - I needed a break

The most annoying thing, the change to the start menu could be undone with a change in the registry settings however they disabled even that in the last update. I don't get it, why remove an option that clearly people want. If the option was never there in the update I get it, but the code is already there, and is actually probably still there, they just turned off the switch.

2 hours ago, darcshadow said:

... I don't get it, why remove an option that clearly people want. ...

It's the Microsoft way. :wacko:

• Like 1

Does anyone on here have any useful info on this topic? Windows 11 here. Everything set up, drivers downloaded, connected USB........ Device not found. So yes, I've checked the ports and every other possible manifestation that connects the machine to the computer.

You have to manually select the USB port in the Device Manager probably ---  these cutters are not plug and play.

I had a US Cutter SC2 that was a friends and he wanted me to do all his vinyl needs and I could us the cutter as well.  I purchased SCAL and I was off and running.  Then I did the Thing, I let my computer upgrade to windows 11 and I no longer could cut.   I was short on time and returned the cutter to my friend saying I could connect to the cutter any more. This was back in April of 2022.  I sent several emailed back and forth to CraftEdge to no avail. 

Now it is November 2022 and I purchased my on SC2.  with MasterVinyl CUT 5.0.   After following all the instructions to install cutter in MVC 5.0 I still could not connect to the new cutter.  I turned in a ticket to Future.Support and after 2 days got a response back that said to follow instuctions, that I have already done.  I searched the internet for the correct driver and could not find anything that might work and nothing did.  

So I called USCutter Service Number and in five minutes Greg sent me the correct driver and I am good.   Now I can cut with both MasterVinyl and SCAL.    I will be working with my friend to get him up and running.  He had not had time to see if the old cutter had a problem,  but I don't think so, just USCutter needed to update driver to work with Windows 11. 

So call USCutter and get the right driver if you cant connect.  

Thanks. 

John Rinehart 

I recently updated my computer Windows 11. I had to reactive the software as some do, but now my MH 721 simply won't cut. The software is detecting it as normal, bit when I go through all the steps and hut "CUT NOW", nothing happens. Common problem? Easy fix?

See my note below, but I did the same and just called USCutter service number and Greg fixed me up by sending me a good device driver for my SC2 and Windows 11.  

Guest Can't fix stupid

Nobody is helpful on this. I have the same SC2 cutter and UScutter can't figure it out either. They say it's something to do with windows. Everything is recognized just won't cut. It will even do the test promp where it asks if the cutter responds and it does respond to that and works with Mac laptop just not with windows 11

I read where people were also having the problem with Windows 11.  They seem to be making it work by using a Tripp Lite Keyspan Adapter with the serial cable that came with their cutter.  The Tripp lite has it's own driver.  Tripp Lite is the brand name and has always been recommended to use with value cutters anyway.  Much better than the USB on the cutter.   Value cutters have a cheap Chinese chipset in them.  Not TRUE USB like higher end cutters.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.