A problem came up that I'm not sure how to fix. 

Let's say if I cut the letter "O," the blade will complete the circle, but it will stop about a millimeter to the left or right of where it began cutting. Also, the center circle of the "O" would not be in the center as it should: it ends up a little displaced in any direction towards the edge of the "O," and sometimes it even goes beyond the boundary of the letter.

I use the letter "O" as an example. This happens with every letter, and it gets a lot worse as the size of the decal decreases. Lines will show up too thick or too thin.

I am using a Macbook Pro, SignCut Pro, Inkscape (to convert files) and Illustrator (to create files). I tried to calibrate my plotter using SignCut and all measurements were perfect. 

Please help! This work is unacceptable to give to clients.

post-98262-0-15119900-1462412917_thumb.j

post-98262-0-47951400-1462413628_thumb.j

how are your corners - they look a little wonkie like your offset is off.  after than make sure you are not pulling the vinyl off the roll with the plotter (pre feed), check for play in the knurled rollers (should be tight and not move easily) and the carriage rollers are all on track (as I suspect they are because it would be much worse I think if not) - last use the least amount of blade possible using skeeters directions posted all over the forum

I am super new to this, so if you could spell it out for me I'd appreciate it!

How do I fix the offset? I don't know how the laser is supposed to work.

by "play in the knurled rollers," do you mean make sure the track is clean?

What about skeeters? not sure what those are 

thanks for the reply!

First off what is the offset currently at, I believe on the p cut it is set directly on the cutter , it's been about 8 years since I worked with one but that is what I remember

skeeters blade adjustment instructions:

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing.

• Like 1

I am Mz Skeeter and  follow the directions above. It will get your blade depth set correctly. 

• Like 2

When I was brand new and had a P-Cut I once slid my pinch rollers over and was off the black rubbery grip parts of the drive shaft and it was very inaccurate because the machine was not getting a good grip. Not saying you have the same problem but I'd check that too. 

• Like 1

My laser X offset is at 0, so is my laser Y offset. My registration mark size is 0.3937. 

The cutting head is on the track properly

Am I supposed to adjust the blade depth with the cap on the end where the blade tip sticks out?

The laser has nothing to do with the cut/line not joining. The offset being discussed is the blade offset. The tip of the blade is not the center so to correct for this an offset is needed which is the measurement from the rotational center of the blade to the tip. Not something you can easily measure so you just made adjustments in the software till the cuts are good. Cutting a square is an easy way to tell. If the corner is a true square the offset is good. If the corner is rounded or has kind of a Z shape to it, the offset is off and needs to be corrected. There's a thread on here some place with an image that shows what I just described as well as tells you which one is too much and which one is too little, I can never remember.

• Like 2

Find the blade offset in Signcut software and see what it is...or see if blade offset is in your cutter menu.   Is this a new cutter to you?  Or have you been using it awhile?  

My laser X offset is at 0, so is my laser Y offset. My registration mark size is 0.3937. 

The cutting head is on the track properly

Am I supposed to adjust the blade depth with the cap on the end where the blade tip sticks out?

I was going to say something but I figured I shouldn't.

Using this "cutter"  not (printer.).  for 5 years. , maybe just wore out,,,  time for an upgrade to a better cutter.   Haven't you saved any money back from your jobs to upgrade to a better performance cutter? 

But anyway, try adjusting your blade offset,  start at 0.25mm and adjust at 0.05 + or minus and see if it helps. 

Changing blade offset has nothing to do with your cutter not cutting..  You have other problems.  Does your test cut work?

• Like 1

My test cut does not work, and signyouup I'm not sure what the pulley or grit roller is, and I don't know where the setscrew is but I doubt something loosened within the time I switched the offset back and forth. This is driving me crazy!