slice&dice

What do you get for $30 -- VinylMaster Basic 'upgrade' for US CUTTER users

I just would to find out if you get the clip art on this. Wish UsCutter had someone who could answer this on the forum.

Looking at Skarekrows pic of the comparison it appears that the number of clip art images depends on the version. Like most of these programs you get what you pay for. They have to have things like that to entice you up a level. 

Not all of that clipart is worth a crap either. Autotraced on many of them kind of like a clip art company we were discussing a while back but some of it is good.

And remember, just because you bought software/clip art collection that includes licensed, copyrighted and/or trademarked graphics - such as the "business and corporate logos" included with this, that does NOT give a legal right to cut and sell those designs.

I don't know why a reputable company would even bother to include obviously licensed designs that you can't legally cut - that is just setting people up for legal troubles.

• Like 2

I just would to find out if you get the clip art on this. Wish UsCutter had someone who could answer this on the forum.

1000's of clip art samples, 1000's of corporate logos, and a large selection of road signs are also included.

As stated on the website  under

Design and Image Editing Tools

http://www.uscutter.com/VinylMasterCutSoftware-Upgrade

Well I ordered one I hope it doesnt end up sitting next to the Sure Cuts program that I bought which is still wrapped ...

• Like 1

Well I ordered one I hope it doesnt end up sitting next to the Sure Cuts program that I bought which is still wrapped ...

lol Im still not sure if i should or not

lol Im still not sure if i should or not

Your not the only one, However I like the road signs then again I got those on Corel Draw so still doing the pro's and con's

• Like 1

Here's the initial perspective on this deal --

1. No disk. What you get is a card, with a Product Serial Number (PSN) to activate the download.

The photo in their ad shows a retail package and a disk, so why isn't USCUTTER clearly stating that all they're providing is a code? And, they could just as easily email the code, instead of actually shipping that card.

2. The downloaded program setup file DID NOT run at all in WinXP on one of my computers. Clicking on it had no effect to start the installer.

EDITED --- However, on another computer also running XP, it did install.

Must have been something about that one system version which prevented it from loading, who knows?

Just remember, you will require an internet conection in order to ACTIVATE the software with full functions.

post-21408-0-90312000-1443657014_thumb.j

post-21408-0-76586900-1443657137_thumb.j

Edited by slice&dice

Hey thanks for your information. I dowloaded it and used the number on the back of your card and it started right up! 

Just kidding but I made you worried didn't I?

• Like 1

I'm glad SOMEONE got it to work !!!

(Yeah, I photoshopped the pic with the Blur tool, of course)

• Like 1

The title of this thead might serve well as, "What do you expect for $30".

When I bought the program in last Summer, the physical disc was either

$10 or $15... I forget. I wanted it and I got it... but, it was extra.

The Pro version I purchased has been well worth what I paid and 

has saved me over half it's cost so far because of dropping SignCut.

You gotta spend a little to make a little. Really... What do you expect for $30?

I don't really care about the disk.

If they say up front in the promotional material it's a download, and the activation code will be sent via eMail, THAT would make sense.

What I object to is USCUTTER customers being charged $9.99 shipping fee for a card.

At this point, I would like to see their promotional material and description changed to reflect reality.

1. Get rid of the photos of a physical disk and retail packaging.
  2. Make a reference to the download and the need for an internet connection on the computer that's going to be cutting (the activation requires internet).
  3. Stop charging $9.99 for sending a card --  provide the activation # via eMail
Edited by slice&dice
  • Like 1

It doesn't run on XP and it doesn't work with my PCut cutter. Double dooty! :-\:'(:bear:

After being burned wiith scalp, I would have jumped on this one...

It doesn't run on XP and it doesn't work with my PCut cutter. Double dooty! :-\:'(:bear:

After being burned wiith scalp, I would have jumped on this one...

I tried it on another computer I have running XP and it did install.

So, I've now gone back and retracted (edited) all my previous comments about the failure I experienced with that one computer ---- must have been something about the version I had.

But, you'll still need an internet connection on your cutting computer, in order to activate the CUT feature.

OK, so now that I've sorted out the installer, and gotten it to work (activated) on my primary cutting computer, I want to provide some information about the program itself.

First of all, it's easy enough to navigate around.

The interface is very straightforward and doesn't have a tough learning curve.

Indeed, there's only a limited supply of included clipart (only street signs) --- No DeadHead. Oh well.

The thing I really love is the Font handling -- you get previews of every installed font, seeing the actual styles at a glance.

Lots of features, and I'll have to get used to them all.

The toolbars are nice and each button clearly indicates what the function is.

Crisp and clean, is my overall first impression.

Onwards and upwards.

Stay tuned for further reviewing.

Do you always need an internet connection?

No, absolutely not.

Once the sofware is downloaded and first activated online, then it's fully functional from that point.

I must say, right from the beginning of opening the program, it's a well-thought-out user interface, with plenty of features.

I'm pretty sure USCUTTER is hoping for this to replace SCAL'pro' ---  I believe they'll find their customers being glad they've UPGRADED with this software.

After the first five minutes of my using it, I'm glad I got this.

I had it cutting on the MH machine right from the get-go, no problems.

• Like 1

Yeah,   so far I am thrilled with it.   I have watched a few You Tube videos on it.  Just need some time to play around with it, maybe I can finally break away from sign blazer.  I tried flexi starter OK sure cuts I never even opened but this looks like it might be a winner ...

1. Stop charging $9.99 for sending a card --  provide the activation # via eMail

No kidding - if that's all I ordered and I got charged $9.99 for a post card with a number on it (on top of the $30 for "software") and had to wait 48+ hours for delivery, I'd have been pissed...

No kidding - if that's all I ordered and I got charged $9.99 for a post card with a number on it (on top of the $30 for "software") and had to wait 48+ hours for delivery, I'd have been pissed...

I agree that just a out and out rip off when all they had to do was even just send a email ...

I'd like to order it for my laptop but I don't have anything else to order that would cover the $9.99 shipping.  

Guess I'll have to wait.  

Just for the record here ----  I had another thread opened in "Website & Company Feedback" Category which covers this exact point.

http://forum.uscutter.com/index.php?/topic/49974-wishing-to-see-clarification-regarding-vinyl-master-upgrade/#entry404367

And OWJones succintly describes the EXACT situation as it is.

By the way, mr300s and myself (and I'm sure others) find ourselves in the same boat regarding trying to migrate away from the delightful and whimsical SignBlazerElements. It's hard to leave an old friend behind.

After the weekend, I'll return with actual comments about the software functionality and how I get along with it.

Today I received mine and I should have read up further on this I wanted the clip art but oh well, just gotta find what I need the old way of google (too bad you cant download just the clipart from them). I have it installed and have yet to test the waters if you will. I was a SCALP guy until I got the Graphtec then used Corel X7 to do everything and import through Cutting Master 3 so this will be a slightly different.