gcextreme

Broadway Mainstreet Store front 1700sq ft $350 a month!!

Remember to stock up on hoodies for the 10 months of winter y'all have up there.

Landscape people & window washers...love the hoodies.

Anyone that works outside really.

• Like 2

Haha its not that bad..we have like 8 months of winter. Lol.

And we have 8 months of summer :) Grew up in upstate NY so I know all about winter which is why I chose year around summer.

If i had a choice i would be back in Texas with all my other family. But my mom, stepdad, younger brother, my wife and her whole family are here. Lol so im stuck.

On the bright side, our short summers are beautiful, and tons of gorgeous lakes!

Well signed the lease, put money down, got the keys.

Also don't have to worry about garbage or sewer/water, all that's paid for. They have 3 big dumpsters back behind the building by the alley way, one of them is right back by my back door..

So now i just gotta pay heat, electricity, internet, and insurance.

On my way now to get paint so I can paint the insides this weekend.

Also got a call back from the place i had the interview last week for the 2nd shift position, gotta make another appointment next week for a 2nd interview for their offer...hopefully its at least $15 an hour.

They just emailed me the job offer forms....

gotta call them back and make an interview to accept the offer.

They offered me $15.50 + 10% for the 2nd shift, so a total of $17.05. (with benefits)

When  I left my other job i was at $16 (with no benefits) , and the job before that $14.85 (with benefits)

They offered me $15.50 + 10% for the 2nd shift, so a total of $17.05. (with benefits)

When  I left my other job i was at $16 (with no benefits) , and the job before that $14.85 (with benefits)

Sounds like things are looking up for you. Good luck!

That's pretty good money for the upper midwest. You'd have to rake in about $75k/year in revenue at a 50% profit margin to make the same amount of money running a business. #TaxesSuck

Yes my wife has my back and supports me. Hopefully this weekend we will be painting the insides. The utility cost are estimates, averages based upon what i was told by the former renter who moved on the other side of town into a smaller shop, a hair stylist. She said she only moved because that place was too big for just her doing hair and the newer smaller place is all she needs. Its about 1/2 the size. She has two chairs a sink, shelves, etc, and a bathroom. Anyway i need suggestions for my sign to hand over the window there, theres those 2 boards on the brick wall, so I guess i gotta mount my sign to that. Not sure what to use. I measured it..the boards are 2', so guess i can go a bit bigger..maybe 3' and 6'.

Buy a masonry drill and add 2 more boards

Well got alot painted inside, gotta do a few more coats in some areas..but its getting there. Next once we get some sunny nice weather im going to start on the outside.

Already got an ad ready in the local paper for the grand opening, June 1st.

Hoping to be done with the interior this week so i can start moving in and setting up.

Also i already have orders lined up, gotta do 3 shirts for a friends custom cycle shop, more later on, and then 7 shirts for a volley ball team, and i have a lady that wants some shirts for her sons racing team.

• Like 3

Well business is slow.

Ive had 2 walk-in customers, total sales of $75.

But still have my online sales from forums and facebook groups, that keeps me going. Just took 1 order of $130 for 3 shirts, and some decals.

My insurance company made me invest in an alarm system, got that installed for $400 and will cost me about $55 a month. Insurance coverage cost me $37 a month.

Also got internet installed, another $65 a month.

The bills/expenses are racking up fast.

Still spending money for supplies and equipment. Placed an order for shirts, $265 for a crapload of shirts to fill my shirt shelves. Also ordered another $150 in rolls of vinyl.

Next i have to work on a large sign for over the outside window.

Also gotta invest in some more newspaper and probably radio advertising.

Im designing up a brochure for all my products/services, gonna cost me $220 for 200 full color brochures. I think they will come in handy, specially when i meet with the local Chamber of Commerce.

Its only been 3 weeks, cant be expecting tons of business when alot of people still dont know im here yet.

• Like 4

you will have to put on a grand opening event to get word out - grill some dogs and have drinks - get everyone talking.  

I had an ad in the paper the week of and the week before for a grand opening...had popcorn and lemonade, etc..

Not one person showed up.

Newspaper ad cost me $100 a week (x2).

I just think its gonna take more time and advertising and alot of word of mouth.

You hit it with word of mouth. Best advertising there is and for me at least Facebook has been awesome

I had an ad in the paper the week of and the week before for a grand opening...had popcorn and lemonade, etc.. Not one person showed up. Newspaper ad cost me $100 a week (x2). I just think its gonna take more time and advertising and alot of word of mouth.

You ran an ad in the newspaper for 2 weeks for grand opening and not 1 person showed up?  That should tell you NOT to advertise in the newspaper anymore.  Newspapers are the thing of the past, network with people on Facebook that's the best advertising there is and it's free.

Free facebook isn't what it used to be. I have a advertising budget just for facebook now to be effective.

Im designing up a brochure for all my products/services, gonna cost me $220 for 200 full color brochures. I think they will come in handy, specially when i meet with the local Chamber of Commerce.

Checkout www.gotprint.com before ordering your brochures. You can get 1000 for about $140 delivered.

Check out a place called Clubflyers.com

You can get I think Flyers or Post Cards for FREE....You pay shipping only.....The catch is it has your advertising on one side and theirs on the other.....So you are technically advertising for them also at the same time but who really cares...

I admire Glen for taking the chance - putting $9-10K on the line for a years worth of rent, utilities, security. internet, etc takes guts - maybe if I was starting out younger like him that is the path I would take but in what should be my last 5 years for working it hard I just can get myself to put $10K of work into breaking even before I start paying myself - I truly hope he hits big and becomes the next wildside (anyone here been around enough to remember when he started and before he made it big?)  We have watched many succeed and I applaud them all for being risk takers while so many of us like me watch from the sidelines.

• Like 2

Thanks.

Heres some pics.

Decal shelves..

20150624_121850_zpssiuow6i6.jpg

Can coozie display

20150624_121921_zpsc6plu22u.jpg

Shirt storage..

20150624_121935_zpslppwesmj.jpg

Heat press center

20150624_122018_zpsifbd9pcf.jpg

Apparel display racks

20150624_121809_zpswsrhchna.jpg

Glass and other product displays

20150624_121755_zpsgddozy3x.jpg

Hat rack

20150624_121801_zpsirhfpk1p.jpg

Weeding and taping bench work area..

20150624_122128_zpsdb0dr1t8.jpg

Computer and cutting work station.

20150624_122144_zpsulceqtsf.jpg

Light table workstation and vinyl storage and shipping storage

20150624_122157_zpsokebr0gk.jpg

• Like 3

Ah, there's your problem....way too neat!!!

LOL

:lol:

Thanks...

Its roughly like 525sq feet or so i guess. Anyway, its getting filled up, need more room but cant afford it yet.

Ive ready got one repeat customer, he came in again today and wants another decal for his truck...i think hes gonna be good repeat business.

Anyway this month, the first month i have spent more on supplies, storage, shelves, etc..and still need a little more.

Once i get everything 100% organized, im gonna look into some local radio advertising, and with the local Chamber of Commerce

Thanks... Its roughly like 525sq feet or so i guess. Anyway, its getting filled up, need more room but cant afford it yet. Ive ready got one repeat customer, he came in again today and wants another decal for his truck...i think hes gonna be good repeat business. Anyway this month, the first month i have spent more on supplies, storage, shelves, etc..and still need a little more. Once i get everything 100% organized, im gonna look into some local radio advertising, and with the local Chamber of Commerce

The best thing that has worked for me is to get in local groups on FB and post every few days. 

Every town around me has their own "(Town) word of mouth".   

I've gotten a ton of business that way.