ACJ GRAPHICS

well i bought a graphtec and .....

I think you are just used to the scalp user interface that is geared toward the cricut machine it was designed for (before they got sued and had to quit selling it to that market.  it is frustrating learning new software but bet in a week you would never go back.  seams the most trouble we have had lately with the new graphtec owners are people changing settings to what they think it should be from their experience with the value cutters - the servo cutters are different and the graphtec unique in that the offset will be set at 0 - too many people have played with that and reset it to what their value cutters were at and then been frustrated.  give flexi a couple days to get used to - it is even better when you can get a copy of the pro you can afford with all the functions.  I personally use ve-lxi-master plus which is flexi pro private labeled with the RIP feature stripped out (for large format printing) a new version is abut $500

I would like to try the new program everyone is raving about but can't justify buying another full software when I am using flexi pro already. 

on your flexi software if it doesn't have the ce6000 the ce5000 drivers work fine too - for those with older copies

You want to try it too and I guess we both have the same reasons for not doing it yet. As for the OP just start from scratch and pretend you never used a cutter before because most of what you learned with the value cutters does not apply with a graphtec.

• Like 1

The only really good thing I can say about SCALP is that it has a VERY good vectorizing program. Better than Flexi Pro In my opinion.

Best vectorization program I've tried so far. The rest well momma always said if you don't have anything nice to say...

I have it and never even tried it?  Maybe I should check out just the vector part.  Can you then export it as a eps file?

it vectorizes rather well and does rhinestones fairly well but it was designed for the craft machines and not the sign business

• Like 1

Does SCALP export .eps files?   If so, you can still use it with other cutting programs..as long as they import .eps like Flexistarter does.

nope it does.

I was sent a SCALP 3 version  to try out,, before they ever included the Scalp Pro,,,way over a year ago. ,    I was turned off right away,  my Graphtec FC was not on it, so I couldn't cut with it.  and the cutting mat was too small.  So, I never messed any more with it.. and mine is different and cannot be upgraded...

I was sent this one.  It is not the Pro version.

http://www.craftedge.com/products/products_scal.html

Myself like Mz Skeeter was given scal 3 and scalp to try out to possibly help others with the software I did not care for either one I had read about the great vector program but it even stopped working trying to convert a simple design and had to reboot my computer twice that is when, I took it off my computer.

I have never had a problem with signblazer at all if I have a hard to vector design I just have excaliburcreations.com to convert it and it is much cheaper then the time I would spend to get it right.

I save as svg and bring them into corel to work from there. Much prefer it to corel for vectoring

• Like 3

I use SIGNBLAZER with my Graphtec Ce5000-60...no issues what so ever. I just cut out 30 decals in one set, each decal 2"x10"...it did it flawlessly. (and quietly)