ACJ GRAPHICS

well i bought a graphtec and .....

just bought the graphtec ce6000-60 and i HATE it. had it for three days now and cannot cut a complete single design. i think i may try to return it 1800 is a lot of money and i will say that my mh seriers cutter for 200 blows the graphtec away. ive cut 1,000s of decals from the mh.  i cant cut a single complete one from this graphtec . its aggrivating to say the least maybe something isnt set up correctly? but i will say the mh was cutting 60 seconds out of the box any feedback would help thanks

Are your problems coming from the Graphtec or the software you are using.  I think i read before you were having issues with SCAL.  I have never used it so i can't help much on that... Have you tried cutting anything from Graphtec Studio?  I cut exclusively with the Cutting Master 3 Plugin and have not had any problems with the Graphtec software.

Are your problems coming from the Graphtec or the software you are using.  I think i read before you were having issues with SCAL.  I have never used it so i can't help much on that... Have you tried cutting anything from Graphtec Studio?  I cut exclusively with the Cutting Master 3 Plugin and have not had any problems with the Graphtec software.

i guess im a dim wit i have all my files with scal so that makes life easier. most of them will not import and i tottaly dont understand the cut master at all i am trying tho. i even bought flexi starter cloud but thats even a pain in the ass. i do swapmeets and the like so things need to be cut fast. thats why i bought graphtec but as of right now the mh is faster

sounds like user error,  what exactly is your problem?  I was reading your problems with SCALP, ditch SCALP... :angry:

Mr300s has used Signblazer with his Graphtec for years now.   Also the blade offset is ZERO on a Graphtec.  I hope you know that.

I personally use Flexistarter8.6 with my Graphtec from day 1.. Very user friendly...  If you think Flexistarter is a pain in the ass, I don't think you are giving any program a chance to learn it. 

Yes a Graphtec has more bells and whistles than your MH, but for a reason, better accuracy, better tracking, better cuts.

• Like 5

If you can do a test cut from the machine interface, and it turns out good, it may be the file that it receives causing an issue?

• Like 1

sounds like user error,  what exactly is your problem?  I was reading your problems with SCALP, ditch SCALP... :angry:

Mr300s has used Signblazer with his Graphtec for years now.   Also the blade offset is ZERO on a Graphtec.  I hope you know that.

I personally use Flexistarter8.6 with my Graphtec from day 1.. Very user friendly...  If you think Flexistarter is a pain in the ass, I don't think you are giving any program a chance to learn it. 

Yes a Graphtec has more bells and whistles than your MH, but for a reason, better accuracy, better tracking, better cuts.

FLEXI STARTER 10 CLOUD is that much diffrent the flexi you use ? i am trying 

If you can do a test cut from the machine interface, and it turns out good, it may be the file that it receives causing an issue?

a test cut is only a microscopic triangle and yes it can do that

No Flexi 10 is not much different than Flexi 8.6,  It just has more drivers for more newer cutters, that's about it..8.6 vs 2 came with the contour cutting feature ...I also have Flexistarter10 ,  8.5  and 7.6       but I purchased mine with the dongles. 

Flexistarter is all I have ever used..  version 7.6 came with my Seiki vinyl cutter.

Flexistarter is not intended to be a great design software, but it is a "great" cutting software.

Most of my designs come from elsewhere,  purchased on cds,  downloaded from other sites, or designed in inkscape,  Illy or some in Flexistarter...and Flexidesigner10. But all of my cutting is on Flexistarter.

I taught 3 other family members on Flexistarter 10, and a Graphtec,  cutting in less than an hour..starting from scratch.. They knew nothing about anything to do with cutting vinyl or graphics.   Just like me when I started, I taught myself everything.. I knew nothing of this forum in 2006.

I don't think you are giving the cutter or software programs a chance. Forget about everything you know on the MH...And learn the Graphtec.  Start with the speed slow,  like 2 or 3,,  and practice,,,  cut some text...and work your way larger.  Don't be starting with some complicated design, until you learn the machine. and the software.

i guess im a dim wit i have all my files with scal so that makes life easier. most of them will not import and i tottaly dont understand the cut master at all i am trying tho. i even bought flexi starter cloud but thats even a pain in the ass. i do swapmeets and the like so things need to be cut fast. thats why i bought graphtec but as of right now the mh is faster

A agree with Mz. Skeeter. Give a different program a chance.  Remember that it always takes time to learn something new, especially software.  Don't let your frustration get the best of you... just take it easy and give yourself the time you need...

I would bet something as professional as Flexi should have some online videos / tutorials...  If Flexi does not have videos i'm sure you can always find some introduction / overview videos of the program on youtube.

Also if you have not done so,  download the Graphtec Cutting Controller .  It should be on your Graphtec disc, or can be found on the Graphtec website...It makes controlling your cutter so much easier right from your computer.. It runs on condition 9 on your cutter...I only cut regular sign vinyl. and a little chrome,  so I don't need to change for different thicknesses of vinyl like reflective etc....

I just bought the CE6000 for my home, having only used the titan2/scalp at work previously. It is taking some adjustment to get used to it and the new software. Stay in there and have patience, it will pay off in the long run.

I just bought the CE6000 for my home, having only used the titan2/scalp at work previously. It is taking some adjustment to get used to it and the new software. Stay in there and have patience, it will pay off in the long run.

Sal316 Do you see much of a difference in the cut quality between the Titan2 and the Graphtec ?

Also on the Flexistarter layout screen, at the top is HELP,  Help topics>    A lot has to do with Flexisign pro, but most cutting directions also work for Flexistarter..

You are doing something wrong or there is a issue with the cutter itself.  I know thousands of people can't be wrong ;D ;D

Try installing Sign Blazer if you don't have it (free)

Here are the setting that will allow itt to work...

post-2057-0-94815500-1412443314_thumb.jp

• Like 1

i am full blown immered in graphtec studio its going to be a long few days lol but i need it to work for me. i am sure i will be a pain to this forum ( if i'm not already) till i figure this out!!

I can't help you with Graphtec Studio.. I did download it to look at it.  It also has a user manual under HELP on the top of layout screen.

• Like 1

can i cut by color in graphtec studio?

yeah its under configure cut job you will see cut all and color. uncheck which one you dont want to cut.

i am full blown immered in graphtec studio its going to be a long few days lol but i need it to work for me. i am sure i will be a pain to this forum ( if i'm not already) till i figure this out!!

Watch the Graptec Studio Traning Videos...  It should have came in the plastic bag with your cutter.

The videos are also on Graphtec's site: http://www.graphtecamerica.com/graphtec-america-faqs-video-software-video-faqs-graphtec-studio

• Like 1

I think you are just used to the scalp user interface that is geared toward the cricut machine it was designed for (before they got sued and had to quit selling it to that market.  it is frustrating learning new software but bet in a week you would never go back.  seams the most trouble we have had lately with the new graphtec owners are people changing settings to what they think it should be from their experience with the value cutters - the servo cutters are different and the graphtec unique in that the offset will be set at 0 - too many people have played with that and reset it to what their value cutters were at and then been frustrated.  give flexi a couple days to get used to - it is even better when you can get a copy of the pro you can afford with all the functions.  I personally use ve-lxi-master plus which is flexi pro private labeled with the RIP feature stripped out (for large format printing) a new version is abut $500

I would like to try the new program everyone is raving about but can't justify buying another full software when I am using flexi pro already. 

on your flexi software if it doesn't have the ce6000 the ce5000 drivers work fine too - for those with older copies

• Like 1

I use scalp to still design in cause I dont know ai that good and dont use studio but I mess around in it. I use the ai plugin and cut with cut master 3. I save my files as svg and open in ai then send to cut under ai. also when I went from a budget cutter to the graphtec I couldnt cut nothing in scalp. I already had Adobe suite master so I saw they had a plugin for ai thats where I went and I would never go back to a budget cutter. I had a MH cutter and and a laserpoint. that mh was crappy.

graphtec studio pro is the only one that reads. svg,Ai and.pdf files the regular studio dont.

• Like 1

The only really good thing I can say about SCALP is that it has a VERY good vectorizing program. Better than Flexi Pro In my opinion.

• Like 3

The only really good thing I can say about SCALP is that it has a VERY good vectorizing program. Better than Flexi Pro In my opinion.

that is one of the main things i am going to severely miss but i'm trying!!

Does SCALP export .eps files?   If so, you can still use it with other cutting programs..as long as they import .eps like Flexistarter does.

One thing to be aware of is if you design something or do a lot of node editing and cleanup in Graphtec Studio there really is not a easy way to export a vector file. If you stick with Graphtec Studio and want to switch software down the line it is going to be a lot of work to get all your art out.   You might want to use Illustrator or Corel Draw and the Graphtec plugin instead.

• Like 3