OWJones

Redneck Poem

Very nice!  I grabbed copies also.  Thanks much,

Cal

That's awesome. You might be a redneck if you ever watched a movie while in the back of a pick-up truck. WAIT that was my second date with my wife. 

• Like 1

Let's see who wins. I'm a Ford guy, but so far Dodge is winning.

We need to download the Ford a few times each to help the cause. Vote early and vote often  :ph34r:

• Like 1

That's awesome. You might be a redneck if you ever watched a movie while in the back of a pick-up truck. WAIT that was my second date with my wife. 

That was my entire teens and 20's at the drive-ins

We need to download the Ford a few times each to help the cause. Vote early and vote often  :ph34r:

No Jay the Ford is already the winner no 1 pickup truck 37 straight years.....and there are many of those from the the seventys still being worked every day especially in the southern states inland areas. I have seen 20 - 30 year old cars and trucks in the carolinas and georgia and florida that was almost perfect body wise.

• Like 1

Im a Ford man myself!  I have only owned them and currently drive an F-150. Bet these will sell like hot cakes here in the South.

• Like 1

I've had around 70 vehicles but the majority were Fords. It used to be cheaper to buy a beater than change a motor or trans so everytime one puked I just got another and kept on rolling.

That's still true as far as Ford's. Chevy parts are cheap down here and everywhere in the junk yards. Ford parts are way too high.

That's still true as far as Ford's. Chevy parts are cheap down here and everywhere in the junk yards. Ford parts are way too high.

Quality parts always cost more hence the price difference. :)

• Like 1

Got an '02 Chevy with 344,000 plus and still going strong. Only mechanical thing on engine was water pump, alternator and battery. one set of brakes from original and on third set of tires. Guess my proven track record with Chevy's I will have to stick with them. :)

Butch

• Like 1

Got an '02 Chevy with 344,000 plus and still going strong. Only mechanical thing on engine was water pump, alternator and battery. one set of brakes from original and on third set of tires. Guess my proven track record with Chevy's I will have to stick with them. :)

Butch

you must have got one of the exceptions....lol just kidding there is good and bad in all of them.  but if it was not for the rust some of my fords would have lasted longer then me. 

My old business partner just traded his '02 in with 482,000 . All he done was suspension bushings and a transmission back at about 150k.

I tried the Ford on the highway it can't compete with Chevy on the ride. Maybe the newer ones but its been 12 years since I was looking.

Butch

The newer Fords drive great and come with much more options than most of the other trucks on the Market.  Dodge is slowly creeping up but Chevy needs to get on board with newer technology.  2015 F-150 will have so much to offer including LED headlights....GM is just now putting projectors on their trucks. 

The newer Fords drive great and come with much more options than most of the other trucks on the Market.  Dodge is slowly creeping up but Chevy needs to get on board with newer technology.  2015 F-150 will have so much to offer including LED headlights....GM is just now putting projectors on their trucks. 

Maybe it is because I am an old fart and grew up driving four speed bare bones trucks ...like a 49 f1 dad had a 55chevy 2 ton on the farm that I drove around doing chores on the farm and all the trucks I have bought new has been plain custom xl with vinyl seats rubber floor mats and four speed with crank windows and two wheel drive. I dont belive you can even buy a plain work truck any more. The old 95 f150 had a sticker price of $14900.00 or there abouts I forget the excate number...... hell you cant buy one of the pint size pocket cars for that now and the sticker on all brands of pickups are plumb crazy. Four wheel drive used to be an option and special ordered now I suppose the two wheel drive is special order.

• Like 1