carwash

If I do online sales, do I go with Ebay or Etsy?

I have read a lot of posts after searching here for a couple days.  It appears that ebay is so flooded with cheap knock off decals that it's impossible to make money over there, unless you got in years ago and have a good following.  And if you have something original, it gets stolen and sold cheaper immediately, right?

Is Etsy a better place to sell decals?  Especially if they are niche related?  I have never bought or sold anything on Etsy, does it operate in the same manner as ebay, easy paypal integration, easy transactions etc?

I want to have an online store for a little extra income outside of my local biz but I want some advice on the direction I should go.

Thanks in advance!!

I guess you just have to try them out,  and yes, you need a niche'.  I have made my living from selling vinyl graphics on EBAY since  2007,  I make $$$,,   not pennies.    I put up some of my most popular items sold from EBAY,  up on Etsy,  last Oct,2013,  To date I have not sold anything..  I am just letting my ads roll off now.    Your experience may be different. 

Wow.... so if i have a niche, then i'd good on ebay yer saying.  And yer saying you've sold NOTHING on Etsy?

Correct,  I have sold nothing on Etsy.    My son also sells on EBAY,,, he has been busy.    He doesn't sell for pennies either..    I showed him how to write good ads. for our products,  and trained him.  And we both have Graphtecs.  And ship fast.   We are both TOP RATED SELLERS..  And I am a Power Seller,  which is over $1000 a month, each month.

• Like 1

How can I see your ebay stores?

Sorry,  I do not post my stores here any more,   I had to file copyright infringement on forum members.  From stealing my designs, photos,  and ads.  :police:

• Like 3

I've made my living on ebay for 8 years....haven't sold a thing on Etsy in the 2 years I have been on there. Heck, ONE ad on Craigs list got me more business than Etsy. And it ended up being a regular customer for 5 years now

• Like 1

Brought in over $300 from Craiglist last week. Not too shabby for a free ad but never sold a graphic on ebay and never tried on etsy or amazon.

Wow... such mixed reviews.... guess I gotta see for myself what works...

It's all about having the right product, at the right price..  Niche'   Plus quality and service

• Like 4

Brought in over $300 from Craiglist last week. Not too shabby for a free ad but never sold a graphic on ebay and never tried on etsy or amazon.

How do you work payment and delivery on CL??? Do it in person, or direct them to a website. I have sold a couple on there but I find driving to meet them somewhere is sometimes a PIA.

You have to test the waters as Carolyn Said .  I have been on ebay since March 2000 and have over 7000 feed backs all positive,   no negatives,   that helps a lot.  I love etsy the fees aren't as bad as ebay and I do all right there.  Have been there for a few years...

This is etsy

Capture_zps6795122e.jpg

Ebay

Capture2_zpsaf7f7d48.jpg

• Like 2

I have been on ETSY for 2 months and sold my first 2 decals in the last couple weeks. Trick is to have a huge catalog.

Guest Finishing Touch

I have been on Etsy for a yr now sold 1 item at christmas IMO Etsy is like a spring board for people to be DIY'ers like that Pintrest. and i use to make good money on Ebay selling antique glass ware but not so much nowadays

Etsy is 20c an ad for 120 days plus final fees.

Ebay, I have a  premium store, I pay  a monthly  $59.99   for 500 ads, plus final fees for Fixed items,  then 10c for each ad there after.     There are other options for selling also at different prices.

How do you work payment and delivery on CL??? Do it in person, or direct them to a website. I have sold a couple on there but I find driving to meet them somewhere is sometimes a PIA.

Having the store I direct them to me whenever possible and if not we work through email and I take either paypal or card by phone.

• Like 1

Having the store I direct them to me whenever possible and if not we work through email and I take either paypal or card by phone.

Thanks....I can do the credit cards, but not having a shop I would still have to do a lot of meeting people in neutral locations.

I often have CL folks meet me at the police station parking lot.

Seems to show and expect honesty.

• Like 1