JessXEmoji

Whats the secret to selling dirt cheap?

Ok ive been lurking ebay and amazon. Im seeing several vinyl sellers with thousands of sales and feedback. And at that rate they must be doing it full time.

Anyways I see their listings selling lets say 9" x 4" oracal brand decals for $1.99 and free shipping.

How much profit are they making from those? They have ebay stores and must be making enough profit to stay in business for 9 years as one seller claims in his about me section.

Im trying to sell larger decals to make at least $8 -$12 a pop. But my idea isnt moving products. While the other guys are selling hundreds a month. In the end they are still making more profit than me. Would I be better off selling hundreds a month for $1.99-$3.99?

Not unless you like making 2 cents of profit per item.

And they may say its Oracal vinyl but i doubt it truly is.

I can't imagine why anyone would want to work like that, for pennies.  I make  $$$$ .  I have always considered my job, the best part time job,  with full time pay, I have ever had.  I only work online.

• Like 2

The secret to selling dirt cheap is Not expecting to make much Money.

• Like 7

I have yet to try to sell stuff on ebay/etsy...im steadily busy with my specific customers.

I do maybe 5-10 orders a week...making anywhere from $15-$40 on each order.

Doing this after i get home from my fulltime job and on weekends, these 5-10 orders a week keeps me busy. The wife is constantly nagging me..saying she misses me and i dont spend enuff time with her...

If i get any more busy i will have to turn down stuff or go full time with it.

I only have one question why the hell would want to? Many moons ago I had a job with a contractor that paid starvation wages I swore never to work for that kind of pay again.

• Like 3

I sell on eBay and my prices are a lot higher than most people.

I get lots of repeat customers because they know my decals are better quality than the cheap guys.

Put your price out there and stand behind it.