Sign in to follow this  
Go-C Graphics

Accounting Software

I'm looking at investing in some accounting software.   

Something that can invoice and keep track of expenses.  

I've got over 40 invoices out and I have no easy way to total how much people owe me. I have to go one by one and add it all up.

I've got a excel template that I use to make the invoices and I save them as an excel sheet and I send the customer a PDF.  

I really don't want a subscription type deal.  I'd prefer to just purchase something outright.

What is everyone else using?  

I'm looking at Quickbooks and Quicken but I have never used either.   

I have been using quickbooks online and like it well enough.  its like ~$12 a month.  I like that you can access it from a smartphone or the computer. I have mine synced with my business bank account and it makes for easy entry of  vendor invoices.  You can always give it a free trial.  It helps me keep up with estimates, then convert to invoice for billing, plus you can email invoices and estimates straight from the web interface.  I can't tell you anything about the quickbooks that you buy and install.

Believe it or not.... I use an app.  I can use it from my phone, my computer and my tablet.  They all sync.  It is a very powerful and useful app.  I tracks everything!  Runs reports, profit and loss the whole enchalada.  I was leary at first but I love it.  It is called invoice2go.  It was free to download and try.... I think you get 3 to 5 invoices for free so you can test and play with it then there was like a fee to unlock it.  I forget how much it was now tho.  What ever it was I am glad I spent it.  I would guess like 20 to 40 bucks.  I am the kind of guy who likes free stuff but this to me was well worth it.

Been with quickbooks for 5 years now and love it. Can tell how much is outstanding with 1 click and convert estimates to invoices almost as fast. Also as a favor to my commercial clients we can print up a yearly summary for them to take to their accountant just in case they don't have all their receipts. 

I use a software called my invoices and estimates. Got it at Office Depot. Don't remember what i paid for it but it seems like it was under $20.

I use quickbooks and while I am not a very good accountant type, it does a great job with invoices and the part I like is that if you record things accurately it will track your inventory real nice. I just wish I had a little better understanding of the accountant side because I make a mess each year and my accountant friend cleans it up. 

I use inFlow Inventory Software, they havea free edition that's perfect a company with less then 10 people. It doesnt create invoice, inventory and sales report.

The software that I use I can go in and choose the dates that I want and it will give me the exact that I sold for those months. Sold and tax charged. I print it off every month and keep it that way if the state ever wants to look I've got a copy of it. At the end of the year I just print what I've done for the yr and take it with my receipts to my accountant.