Sign in to follow this  
highonlif

Cast your vote!

As my last post stated, I'm looking to upgrade. I have decided to spend the money for a servo driven cutter. I'm not sure however which one to choose. Graphtec CE6000 or Roland GX-24? There is only $50 difference between them. I know most people don't have experience with both, so I'm asking you to cast your vote and give a reason to choose one over the other. Thanks.

Chris

I have had experience with a graphtec 1000 but now i run an sc cutter that works just as good for a helluva lot less..

• Like 1

Graphtec - includes a stand in the price - does the Roland?

• Like 1

+1  Graphtec,  the floor stand comes standard equipment,,, with a Graphtec.   The floor stand for the Roland is $295.extra.  Did you figure that in?   I would never have a cutter without a stand...  More bang for your buck with a Graphtec.    Cuts very  small detailed work,  tracks great....

I have had experience with a graphtec 1000 but now i run an sc cutter that works just as good for a helluva lot less..

I am at a loss for words.

The only draw back for a SC cutter is stepper motor. But if you take the time and dial it in right it will cut just as  good as a graphtec in my opinion. Others might not see it that way

I am a cabinet builder by trade, so I am actually planning a cabinet stand that I can store the extra rolls of vinyl in. So a stand is not an issue. And a wood cabinet doesn't build static. :)

The only draw back for a SC cutter is stepper motor. But if you take the time and dial it in right it will cut just as good as a graphtec in my opinion. Others might not see it that way

I have an MH721 and spend time dialing it in and it is loud. I am not complaint about how it cuts at all. It works great for what I do, but it's time to upgrade to something I can run a little faster and don't have to readjust the tracking after every 3' cut.

Yes they are a little loud but cut great.. I think everyone upgrades and some point in time to something better but me i am gonna run this Sc cutter into the damn dirt...lol. But yes i vote for a graphtec great machines and are alot quieter..

Have not had either one, but the more I read and all I am leaning for a Graphtec when I have the $ to drop on one.

• Like 3

Graphtec hands down.

Best cutter I have ever used and I have had Rolands and the cheap knock offs.

I own 2 Graphtecs.

mark-s

• Like 3

Graphtec her too. Damn things are almost indestructible based on all the older ones I see on ebay and CL.